Physics editor doesn't work anymore?

Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

Hello,
a few weeks ago I tried Physics Editor with the exporter GS provides here: http://help.gamesalad.com/gamesalad-cookbook/2-making-it-better/custom-collision-shapes-2/

and it worked, so I bought the license. But recently, I think after an update of Physics Editor (stupid me!), it doesn't work anymore. I can't see the exporter for GS in the list and I tried MANY times to reinstall it, but nothing.

Anyone else is experiencing the same issue?

Wonder Maru: casual games for casual people. www.wondermaru.com

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

did try that yesterday too also no success but it was also my first try, so i though i maybe missed something.

so i used the physic body editor instead which worked fine after finding the right version that works with the current OS

which is this link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pe1qtc182q0td2h/Physics Body Editor 2.9.2.dmg.zip?dl=0

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

Tagging @GeorgeGS and @CodeWizard as it may be a new exporter script needed or may be something they need to take up with the dev.

• Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

thanks guys! :)

• GeorgeGSGeorgeGS Member, PRO Posts: 478

@Armelline said:
    Tagging @GeorgeGS and @CodeWizard as it may be a new exporter script needed or may be something they need to take up with the dev.

According to their web page the current version is 1.5.2 from November of last year, and the documentation for the exporter doesn't appear to have changed for quite a while. Based on that I'd hope that our script is fine, but I'll try to take a look at it when I get a chance.

• jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611

Physics body editor is perfect for all needs to be honest! Don't forget to turn on grid view and note you can change the grid size!

• Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

tried Physics body editor. Worked great. I guess I gave 20$ to the physics editor guys for nothing. It's ok, I support developers :D

• StroxStrox Member Posts: 3

I think the problem is that the folder to be selected is not GameSalad folder that was downloaded . You must create a new folder, which you put the downloaded folder in, and then select the new folder as "Custom exporter directory ". At least this solved the problem for me.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@fas.strom@gmail.com said:
    I think the problem is that the folder to be selected is not GameSalad folder that was downloaded . You must create a new folder, which you put the downloaded folder in, and then select the new folder as "Custom exporter directory ". At least this solved the problem for me.

Yeah make sure you point to the folder containing the plugin (and create one if needed) not the plugin itself.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• tholdertholder Member, PRO Posts: 15

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@fas.strom@gmail.com said:

Yeah make sure you point to the folder containing the plugin (and create one if needed) not the plugin itself.

This totally works!! Thanks guys

• DeliriousSanityDeliriousSanity Member, PRO Posts: 3

Does anyone have any idea when GS will start being supported by PhysEd again? or a work around, just bought the pro version of all their apps and would like to use them...

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@the00110100lion said:
    Does anyone have any idea when GS will start being supported by PhysEd again? or a work around, just bought the pro version of all their apps and would like to use them...

I used it without issue a few weeks ago. Should be working fine.