Ad Hoc Testing a gamesalad project that I do not want to publish in my own account

I am working on a project for someone else, this is my first time publishing with gamesalad. I have been using my personal gamesalad account for development of an app. I would like to test the app using my own ios devices using the ad-hoc method, and I'm still trying to get a full understanding of the publishing and ad-hoc testing process. Here is my current understanding of the process:
1. using apple developer account, create certificate, app id, distribution profile. (DONE, using the employer's apple developer account)
2. Launch Xcode, and set up the apple developer account in preferences->accounts (DONE on my mac, using the employers apple developer account)
3. "Publish" the app to gamesalad's servers (NOT DONE - Is it okay to do this for testing purposes from my own account? I don't want to release the game to the public under my personal account name. Once I upload it, will I be able to remove it from my "portfolio" and do the final publish using the employer's gamesalad account? Or do I need to get his account info and upload it there before I proceed?)
4. Create the app using "itunes connect". (NOT DONE - When I go to apple's site, I get a message saying I can't do this because the employers developer account is not current. However, I was able to create the certificate, app id, and distribution profile using the same account. Is itunes connect included in the $99/year iOS developer program or is this something different?)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• 8bitninja8bitninja Member Posts: 367

You should make a separate provisioning profile just for testing (Adhoc). When you are ready to release that is when you can use your employer's

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

The employers account must need to acknowledge some recent contract updates.

• JH4musicJH4music Member, PRO Posts: 23

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    The employers account must need to acknowledge some recent contract updates.

That ended up being the case. We also had to use his computer (which is registered to his apple ID) to set up the developer account and itunes connect account so that my apple ID had admin status. This was the only way we could get the signing, certificate and provisioning profile process to work on my machine since I don't have a paid apple developer account. For anyone else that runs into problems with getting the signing process working, I highly recommend calling apple's developer tech support if you get stuck with this part, they were extremely helpful to us.