Publishing iOS Platform on Windows + Signing and Adding App Store

murat.sogukcesmemurat.sogukcesme Member, PRO Posts: 37

Is here somebody who knows to publish a game in iOs platform???? So downloading is Okay, but how to sign over here in Windows. Please don't say do it in Mac, because I tried that one but gives no resultst.

And just someone who knows it, and not simple videos on YouTube which I have seen for 1000 times.

Comments

• murat.sogukcesmemurat.sogukcesme Member, PRO Posts: 37

Hi there, how can I publish, sign and do all the things with certificates for the iOs apps and the Windows apps? Please need all help wit this? I've looked all the tutorials on YouTube, but unfortunately without results.

And another question, if I publish my game to gamesalad portfolio, I can't find a Windows platform over there, is that normal?

Please, I really need help with this!

iOS is so confused, it's not normal anymore :neutral:

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

There is tutorial for iOS. Yes it's a long process. Where did you get problems ?

@gattoman said:
    There is tutorial for iOS. Yes it's a long process. Where did you get problems ?

I've published it on GameSalad portfolio in iOs universal platform. But if I download it and want to sign it, I don't how to do this at the iOs versions. Android is easy to do, but this one is not clearly viewed on tutorials. I tried yesterday at Mac computer with (os X el Capitan os), but if I download it and make the certificates (without adhoc and adding devices on apple dev. console), don't know how figure this out. I made a distribution provision (like showed on tutorials), download it but how to sign an App with this?

I've also installed the Xcode 7.3.1 GM seed, but don't know how to sign. If I can do that, then I can go further with the next steps of publishing on App store.

Ps. IMac owner is my brother, so it's not mines. I work on Windows, but can also try it over there on Mac os.

Maybe other Publisher? Can anyone help me out with this??

I've found now the provision file, but now he tells me that I have to install the iPhone sdk ..

How to do that

How small is the forum over here? Does nobody know it? I don't do it now on Mac, please help me with publishing ios app on windows!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited April 2016

@murat.sogukcesme said:
    How small is the forum over here? Does nobody know it? I don't do it now on Mac, please help me with publishing ios app on windows!

The forum is not small , but a complete guide is available on the thread that lost_oasis_games gave you. Follow the video on your brother's Mac.
    If you go into the GS windows cookbook and you go to publishing on apple section it says.

"NOTE: A computer running Mac OS is needed to publish to the iTunes. If you are on a Mac computer continue to Apple Publishing."

You can also find this in asked questions on GS page.

"Unfortunately, it is Apple’s official position that you need a Mac to publish apps to the iOS platform, and GameSalad complies with those licensing requirements.

You will need both a Macintosh computer and an Apple Developer license to publish to the iOS App Store. If you do not wish to purchase a Mac, one option is to utilize a cloud service such as MacInCloud.

You can, however, build your iOS app with Windows Creator and easily test it with the GameSalad Viewer on any iOS device!"

Thanks, I'll look again.> @Icebox said:

@murat.sogukcesme said:

The forum is not small , but a complete guide is available on the thread that lost_oasis_games gave you. Follow the video on your brother's Mac.
    If you go into the GS windows cookbook and you go to publishing on apple section it says.

"NOTE: A computer running Mac OS is needed to publish to the iTunes. If you are on a Mac computer continue to Apple Publishing."

You can also find this in asked questions on GS page.

"Unfortunately, it is Apple’s official position that you need a Mac to publish apps to the iOS platform, and GameSalad complies with those licensing requirements.

You will need both a Macintosh computer and an Apple Developer license to publish to the iOS App Store. If you do not wish to purchase a Mac, one option is to utilize a cloud service such as MacInCloud.

You can, however, build your iOS app with Windows Creator and easily test it with the GameSalad Viewer on any iOS device!"

Thanks, I'll look again.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@murat.sogukcesme said:
    Is here somebody who knows to publish a game in iOs platform???? So downloading is Okay, but how to sign over here in Windows. Please don't say do it in Mac, because I tried that one but gives no resultst.

And just someone who knows it, and not simple videos on YouTube which I have seen for 1000 times.

I know you don't want to hear this but you must use a mac. you need apple's Xcode to sign an iOS app. these are Apple's requirements not game salads. Many people on windows use mac in the cloud service.

Publishing to iOS is a long process. it can't all be explained in a second. the videos are there to guide you through the process. I don't know how simpler people can make it if you're having a hard time following a video.

And please don't yell by trying your headline in all caps and making multiple threads about the same issue. you have been given guidance in this area but you are not showing any patience and not listening to the facts.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

As others have said, you cannot publish to iOS unless you publish from a Mac. There are a few guides that will walk you through the process, but it's not something simple. I suggest you watch / read the entire tutorial first, then go back and follow along.

• GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

You need a developer account. A Mac. Proper and valid certificates. Then profiles. Publish the game. Generate and sign. iOS app uploader for loading it to iTunes.

Luckily there are videos to help with the long complicated process. Took me a week the first time. I still have problems sometimes.

@gattoman said:
    You need a developer account. A Mac. Proper and valid certificates. Then profiles. Publish the game. Generate and sign. iOS app uploader for loading it to iTunes.

Luckily there are videos to help with the long complicated process. Took me a week the first time. I still have problems sometimes.

Sounds scary when you put it that way lol :)

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@murat.sogukcesme said:

I know you don't want to hear this but you must use a mac. you need apple's Xcode to sign an iOS app. these are Apple's requirements not game salads. Many people on windows use mac in the cloud service.

Publishing to iOS is a long process. it can't all be explained in a second. the videos are there to guide you through the process. I don't know how simpler people can make it if you're having a hard time following a video.

And please don't yell by trying your headline in all caps and making multiple threads about the same issue. you have been given guidance in this area but you are not showing any patience and not listening to the facts.

Hi there, at first; I'am trying this now almost a week, I saw almost all the videos about publishing iOs patch on YouTube and the tutorials. Don't say about "trying the headline all caps and making multiple threads about the same issue"!!!!

If I have a problem or issue, I have to ask it over here, because that's saying the GameSalad chat community. So what's your problem now, how do you know what I have tried and what don't tried???

I found it finally, thanks to Alexandra of chat community. I did it on a Mac, that was the best way to do it, like "Icebox, Jonmulcahy and Gattoman" said. So I did that, but Mac Os X is too confusing for me and I had to drive to my brother to do it over there. Your talking about not listening to the facts and showing any patience. If you don't know it, then don't talk about it! If I don't show any patience, then I don't place a comment on this page, then I don't waste my time. But I had need the help. And yes, I don't had time, that was the reason that I was annoying, because I had to go to my work.

But even so, thank you for your comment.

Hi all over there, thanks for the comment. I'am sorry for the late comment. I had to go to work, so I'am now back in my computerroom. It's passed yesterday in midnight. It worked out with help of Alexandra (chat community). The faillure was on, Xcode, there was something wrong with the Xcode SDK installation. So we fixed that and I also build now experience with Mac Os X platform. I'll thank you all for this. I appreciate that. Now I have to wait on review of the app.

@murat.sogukcesme Congratulations ! glad it worked for you :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited April 2016

@murat.sogukcesme said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@murat.sogukcesme said:

Hi there, at first; I'am trying this now almost a week, I saw almost all the videos about publishing iOs patch on YouTube and the tutorials. Don't say about "trying the headline all caps and making multiple threads about the same issue"!!!!

If I have a problem or issue, I have to ask it over here, because that's saying the GameSalad chat community. So what's your problem now, how do you know what I have tried and what don't tried???

I found it finally, thanks to Alexandra of chat community. I did it on a Mac, that was the best way to do it, like "Icebox, Jonmulcahy and Gattoman" said. So I did that, but Mac Os X is too confusing for me and I had to drive to my brother to do it over there. Your talking about not listening to the facts and showing any patience. If you don't know it, then don't talk about it! If I don't show any patience, then I don't place a comment on this page, then I don't waste my time. But I had need the help. And yes, I don't had time, that was the reason that I was annoying, because I had to go to my work.

But even so, thank you for your comment.

Glad you got it sorted. Yes none of us could have solved an Xcode issue. Also it is impolite to type in all caps as you know. we here answering are all volunteers. also as you see you're threads were merged as we can see all the treads and there is never a need to make multiple threads. just because you have an issue doesn't mean you can treat the community terrible buy not showing the cortesy of the forum rules.