problem adding values to variables in GS 1.24.42. No it's not my logic.

izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

My game adds a score of 10 to the variable called "game.score" every time theres a correct match. The same code is inside all of my games that has been published before 1.24.42.
Strangely, this broke when I published using GS 1.24.42. Happens on iOS and Android. On certain levels the program is able to execute the command to add the score and then on certain levels it just refused to do it.

I have checked my logic thoroughly but I don't see why it can't work properly.

Anyone experience this issue with GS 1.24.42?

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited April 2016

there was an issue with updating it in display text attributes. as well as breaking the containing actors.
    this is fixed in 1.25

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503
    edited April 2016

I really hope so. Because right now I can't open my project using the old GS versions!

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@izam said:
    I really hope so. Because right now I can't open my project using the old GS versions!

You didn´t make a backup before opening the project in 1.24.42?

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

Unfortunately no. I've got like 32 copies and the latest copy has too many changes already and all of them are done using GS 1.24.42

If anyone has any smart way to do a workaround for this let us know.

• dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699

@izam have you checked your GS publish portfolio? We save every version you publish and show you which version you used when publishing so there's bound to be a version made with a pre-1.24 build there.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@izam said:
    My game adds a score of 10 to the variable called "game.score" every time theres a correct match. The same code is inside all of my games that has been published before 1.24.42.
    Strangely, this broke when I published using GS 1.24.42. Happens on iOS and Android. On certain levels the program is able to execute the command to add the score and then on certain levels it just refused to do it.

I have checked my logic thoroughly but I don't see why it can't work properly.

Anyone experience this issue with GS 1.24.42?

This is causing me a lot of frustration right now too, just trying to be patient for 1.25. hopefully you can find a temp solution.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

Thanks @dgackey first time I'm accessing that history section. Sadly they all using 1.24.42