Just to share my WIP.

ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40
edited April 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

I have been working on platfomer game for last couple months. But I felt like there is something missing in the game, it just doesn't feel right, so I stopped when I am about 70% finish. After couple months, I am now back on working the platformer, re-worked on some of the mechanics and gameplay. (I am re-working the whole project starting from zero again though.)

And here, I created a 1min video to show some of the progress on character movements.
Character's basic movement is completed. Might do some tunning to the jumping power though, air control might be a little too much.
Currently working on the character attacks and special attacks moveset. Still deciding, the mana system for special attacks. Like FF style (RPG style) or Legend of Mana 3 style (which you can do special attacks if the special attack gauge is fullfilled).
Still thinking of different special attacks or skills.
The current ones are just demo; they work fine, but still thinking which to implement.

Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

I think you have a cool idea here but the fights on the ground are way too long. 20 hits to kill a bad guy is going to end up putting the player to sleep.

• ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40

@BazookaTime said:
    I think you have a cool idea here but the fights on the ground are way too long. 20 hits to kill a bad guy is going to end up putting the player to sleep.

Oh, this is a testing scene, so I boosted the enemies' health for testing purposes.

Normal mobs, should be around 2-5 hits.

• TobyToby Member Posts: 478

Sweet, nice graphics. I think the gravity is not perfect, seems to move pretty slow but that might be for testing and hit accuracy?

@Toby said:
    Sweet, nice graphics. I think the gravity is not perfect, seems to move pretty slow but that might be for testing and hit accuracy?

Thanks for the feedback. Yeh, I just put together all the movement functions, so kind of still working out on the balancing. And, gravity is exactly what I need to adjust, I found the air control was a little bit too much. I am now increasing the gravity, the falling now is much better, air controls improved as falling was much quicker now which makes less time in air for movement.

How about moving left and moving right, is it slow?
    But I can't have it run too fast, otherwise it will collide with enemies too easily (collide with enemies will take damage and bounce back.)

This week mostly working on the touch rule for mobile, pretty much reworked all of them.
    Change from Touch-Press/Release to Touch-Inside/Outside.

Here is a new short video on this week progress:
    Not much change visually; added a new attack - Shadow Rush, reworked the health bar and mana bar, and added more frame for double jump spinning.

Link to Video!

Any feedbacks will be appreciated.

Just finished working on a new enemy, for high difficulty. It will patrol, detect distance and chase, attack and defend. 1Min Video Showcase.

**Added sound effects.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Love the battle animations! Well done! :)

Dragon Story 2D Action Platformer in Medieval and Fantasy Theme!

This week is amazing, adding few new enemies and new abilities. Check out the videos and images!

1. Type2 Enemy - Detect and Chase

2. Shield ability
      [30sec Shield Ability and Introducing Type2 Enemy]

3. Type3 Enemy - Detect, Shield, Chase and Attack
      [1min Type3 Enemy - combat]

4. [Projectile ability]

5. [Smash ability]

6. New Enemy Range Attack - Bomb
      [1min Vid - This week Progress]

Previously

[30secs Video - Character Abilities]

[1min Character Move Set Video]

[Various Art Style Characters Image]

Here is a small vid to show the first stage lay out.
    A lot of things inside the stage is still work in progress, like the sand blocks, chest, items drop, collectable and enemy placement.
    Just to show some concepts and idea for now. Oh, may be some frame ratedue to recording.

Stage 1 Demo