add buyable skins for characters in my game

wongj19wongj19 Member Posts: 45

In my game, I would like to have different skins and backgrounds that you can buy in a shop using the money you have collected. There are a number of things I need help with:

1) how to save the amount of coins I have even after quitting the game
2) add the amount of coins that I collect each round to a total amount of coins (e.g. round 1 earn 10 coins, round 2 earn 20 coins. Total amount of coins=30.)
3) how to make the skin stay unlocked even when the game is quit

any help would be good. thanks

Comments

• ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40

1 and 2 and 3. Use game attributes for the coins and skin status(lock or unlock). Save these attributes to table (player's progress) whenever there is changes. Load these attributes from table at game launch.

• wongj19wongj19 Member Posts: 45

@ka822 said:
    Save these attributes to table (player's progress) whenever there is changes. Load these attributes from table at game launch.

how do i do this?
    thanks

• ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40

its hard to explain in few words. May be you should check the behaviour manual to get an idea how it works; or may be search for table functions in youtube (I think there are couple tutorials there that teach about table functions).

In short, after you update your coin attributes, change your table cell value, the cell value that store the coins amount, and then save table. And whenever your game launch, you should load the coin attribute from table.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@wongj19 said:

@ka822 said:
    Save these attributes to table (player's progress) whenever there is changes. Load these attributes from table at game launch.

how do i do this?
    thanks

Have you done any of the tutorials at http://learn.gamesalad.com ? It takes some time to learn the software. You need to build knowledge before you start attempting complex logic. Start with a simpler concept and build up to more complex games. Watch videos. I have tons of videos about rules, tables et... You're going to get frustrated trying run before you can walk. Something as complex as you are asking for isn't a simple explanation.