Apple approved update but game crashes since

fZoleefZolee Member, PRO Posts: 34

Hi all,

I have updated my game, submitted to Apple and got approved but weirdly it doesn't work.
Crashes at the splash screen, after around 1 sec it's loaded.
Not sure it's related to the new build or to any possible update in GS publishing area?
(I have only changed one image in the actual game, the update was mainly for changing the keywords at apple's site)

Thanks
Z

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@fZolee said:
    Hi all,

I have updated my game, submitted to Apple and got approved but weirdly it doesn't work.
    Not sure it's related to the new build or to any possible update in GS publishing area?
    (I have only changed one image in the actual game, the update was mainly for changing the keywords at apple's site)

Thanks
    Z

I've tested several games via adhoc no crashes. check your code.

• fZoleefZolee Member, PRO Posts: 34

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@fZolee said:
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Z

It's really weird, I have turned off all the rules in the first scene, so it should just show an image. Still, after one sec, the game closes itself. Not sure what else to check. :sweat:

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2016

@fZolee said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@fZolee said:
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Z

It's really weird, I have turned off all the rules in the first scene, so it should just show an image. Still, after one sec, the game closes itself. Not sure what else to check. :sweat:

Remove your splash screen image.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

This happened to me about a year, maybe even two years ago, for one of my game releases in the App Store. At first, it coincided with a major iOS update as well as a major GameSalad update that I avoided because I didn't want to risk my game not working correctly. I believe that was a mistake on my part because GameSalad was updated to work smoothly with the new iOS while I was using an older and probably then "broken" version.

But, that's not the end of my story. I republished the game using the newest version of GameSalad and the crash no longer happened in adhoc tests. But when my app was downloaded from the App Store, it crashed every time. I reached out to Apple several times about it, describing the issue very clearly and I was ignored for quite a while. It really ruined the launch of my game...

...and then one day i deleted and redownloaded from the App Store AGAIN just because why not, and it worked perfectly! No more crashes. Not a day later, I finally received an response from Apple saying they tested my game and it seems to be working fine...

So, my not so paranoid opinion of what happened is that (first) I was responsible by not using the latest GS build so close to an iOS update and (second) Apple was responsible by who the hell knows what, but they finally caught their error, fixed it, and then told me nothing was ever wrong.

I don't know if my experiences can help you at all, but take it at least as a "I know that feel bro".

• fZoleefZolee Member, PRO Posts: 34

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@fZolee said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@fZolee said:
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Z

Remove your splash screen image.

Done it, now it doesn't crash. :smile: Seems like that image/actor got corrupted?

@Adrenaline,
    Thanks for sharing your experience too, in my case the problem was on my side but still find it strange that Apple didn't reject mine.