2»

Comments

• ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40
    edited May 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@ka822 said:

@monkeyboy simian said:
    but the change image works!

And I still believe you just don't have the empty image set initially, so that your upon your actor spawn it is at its initial frame which is a white box, like new actor.

You don't need a empty image. You can have the starting image in the actor. I do all my animations that way, always have for six years. This statement is not true. This is why the animate behavior has the option, restore actor image when done.

Really?? That I didn't know, cause I always set an image or empty image for my actors.

But then in his case if he didn't have the change image rules there will be flash of white, so the restore actor image is actually restoring the white flash. The change image rule did avoid that from happening though.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@ka822 said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@ka822 said:

@monkeyboy simian said:
    but the change image works!

And I still believe you just don't have the empty image set initially, so that your upon your actor spawn it is at its initial frame which is a white box, like new actor.

You don't need a empty image. You can have the starting image in the actor. I do all my animations that way, always have for six years. This statement is not true. This is why the animate behavior has the option, restore actor image when done.

Really?? That I didn't know, cause I always set an image or empty image for my actors.

Yes, really :)

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

bottom line: it works now.. so..

http://www.80svideos.tv/play.php?vid=162

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Wrap the constrains and the animate in a loop behavior. Set the condition of the loop to anything that doesn't change, like self.color.green =1 set the loop iteration to 2 this will cause it to jump the scan.

Thanks for the tip @Lost_Oasis_Games ! Do you mind clarifying? I tried this and from what I read in the behavior descriptions, Animations don't work in a loop, so I'm only seeing a blank white image when attempting this. This is how I had it set up:

Loop While All conditions are valid: Max loops/frame 2
    Attribute: self.Color.Green = 1
    (Animate behavior inside this loop rule)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@supafly129 said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Wrap the constrains and the animate in a loop behavior. Set the condition of the loop to anything that doesn't change, like self.color.green =1 set the loop iteration to 2 this will cause it to jump the scan.

Thanks for the tip @Lost_Oasis_Games ! Do you mind clarifying? I tried this and from what I read in the behavior descriptions, Animations don't work in a loop, so I'm only seeing a blank white image when attempting this. This is how I had it set up:

Loop While All conditions are valid: Max loops/frame 2
    Attribute: self.Color.Green = 1
    (Animate behavior inside this loop rule)

I noticed this yesterday too when I tried it out. I don't have anything flashing so can't do a test but I would try delaying the animation a frame scan when spawning an actor that has an animation and experences the flash. So wrap it in an after .03 sec timer. Also if you can move the layer order or move your spawning into a managing actor you place at the bottom of the layer order. All this has to do with layer order and the scan.