How to make a stamina system?

WeiyuWeiyu Member Posts: 216
edited May 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hello everyone, I have a problem about make a stamina system.

I want to every time play game, the stamina bar will lose a few stamina.
If stamina is 0, player will not play.

And the stamina bar will get 1 point every 5min.(Limit is 30 point)

If player want to get stamina too fast, he/she can look advertisement.(every time look it can let stamina bake 2 point.)

How to make it? please tell me><"
Thank you.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited May 2016

@mme5566123twww said:

Create a game integer attribute call it stamina set it to the number you want , put a timer every few seconds change attribute game.stamina to game.stamina - 2

Create a rule if game.stamina = 0 then game over or change scene or pause game whatever you want

Create a rule if game.stamina is less than your limit points
    Put a timer every 300 seconds change attribute game.stamina to game.stamina +1

If player want to get stamina too fast, he/she can look advertisement.(every time look it can let stamina bake 2 point.)

You can see this video tutorial by @Lost_Oasis_Games it will give you an idea on how to make that

You have all the logic ready you know exactly what you want to do and you broke it into different parts now its just translating that into GS to make it understand.

• ka822ka822 Member, PRO Posts: 40

@Icebox said:

@mme5566123twww said:

Create a game integer attribute call it stamina set it to the number you want , put a timer every few seconds change attribute game.stamina to game.stamina - 2

Create a rule if game.stamina = 0 then game over or change scene or pause game whatever you want

You can see this video tutorial by @Lost_Oasis_Games it will give you an idea on how to make that

You have all the logic ready you know exactly what you want to do and you broke it into different parts now its just translating that into GS to make it understand.

Ok, so the above refill stamina rule works if there is only one scene.
    If there is more than one scene, you must have this refill stamina rule in every scene.

I just come up with below idea, I think it should work (It does not need every timer or constrain actor, it should use less resources):

1. Create an attribute game.#ofStamina and preset this attribute at 1.
    2. Create actor and put this rule inside:
      If "game.time" is equal to "game.#ofStamina" *300,
      then
      change attribute "game.#of Stamina" +1.
      if "game.stamina" is <30 change attribute "game.stamina"+1"

3. Remember to put this actor in every scene. This will ensure stamina is refilled even you are playing.

4. you will need to reset "game.#ofStamina" to 1 whenever the game is open.

5. So as long as the game is open, it will refill stamina. If the game is close, and you want to refill stamina, then you will need to do timestamp, which is a lot more tricky.

edited May 2016

@ka822 said:
    I just come up with below idea, I think it should work (It does not need every timer or constrain actor, it should use less resources):

then

3. Remember to put this actor in every scene. This will ensure stamina is refilled even you are playing.

5. So as long as the game is open, it will refill stamina. If the game is close, and you want to refill stamina, then you will need to do timestamp, which is a lot more tricky.

what would happen when he looses stamina ? and it becomes 1 or 2 instead of 6 , then your condition wont work, game time might be at 30 minutes and game.stamina * 300 wont be true and he wont be able to add more stamina (if game.time = game.stamina*300 change attribute stamina to stamina +1) , and he wants to loose few stamina points every few seconds , how do you want him to start with 1 ? Im just asking so that it doesnt mess his logic up.

@Icebox said:

@ka822 said:

then

what would happen when he looses stamina ? and it becomes 1 or 2 instead of 6 , then your condition wont work, game time might be at 30 minutes and game.stamina * 300 wont be true and he wont be able to add more stamina (if game.time = game.stamina*300 change attribute stamina to stamina +1) , and he wants to loose few stamina points every few seconds , how do you want him to start with 1 ? Im just asking so that it doesnt mess his logic up.

Oh, I might have confused you a little bit.

1. For now we know that he want to lose stamina when he play a game. So, whenever he plays a game just change "game.stamina" to "game.stamina-1", assume is 1 at this point.
      This will not affect the refill rules.

2. The "game.#ofStamina" attribute is just a time/number reference for next stamina refill. Initially we set this at 1. And when "game.time" is equal to "game.#ofStamina"*300, we will change "game.stamina" to "game.stamina+1" if "game.stamina" is not 30; this means that when game.time is at 300seconds then we will add 1 stamina if stamina is not at max (30). We also change "game.#ofstamina" to "game.#ofstamina"+1 at the end of the rule because we need to set up for next refill.

3. So now, "game.#ofstamina" is at 2, which means that the refill rule will fire again when "game.time" is equal to 600 ["game.#ofstamina", which is now 2, multiply by 300].

edited May 2016

@ka822 said:

1. For now we know that he want to lose stamina when he play a game. So, whenever he plays a game just change "game.stamina" to "game.stamina-1", assume is 1 at this point.

2. The "game.#ofStamina" attribute is just a time/number reference for next stamina refill. Initially we set this at 1. And when "game.time" is equal to "game.#ofStamina"*300, we will change "game.stamina" to "game.stamina+1" if "game.stamina" is not 30; this means that when game.time is at 300seconds then we will add 1 stamina if stamina is not at max (30). We also change "game.#ofstamina" to "game.#ofstamina"+1 at the end of the rule because we need to set up for next refill.

3. So now, "game.#ofstamina" is at 2, which means that the refill rule will fire again when "game.time" is equal to 600 ["game.#ofstamina", which is now 2, multiply by 300].

I am not confused , your method works if you dont want to loose stamina but think about it , if i play the game , and i start it with my stamina 1
    it will change to 2 when time is 300 it will change to 3 when time is 600 , now if i loose my stamina at this point and it becomes 1 again

1(stamina)*300 = 300 is not = to game time(900) anymore :) so your condition wont trigger , and change attribute stamina to stamina + 1 wont work . You will cause him issues later on this way.

edited May 2016

@Icebox said:

@ka822 said:

I am not confused , your method works if you dont want to loose stamina but think about it , if i play the game , and i start it with my stamina 1
    it will change to 2 when time is 300 it will change to 3 when time is 600 , now if i loose my stamina at this point and it becomes 1 again

1(stamina)*300 = 300 is not = to game time(900) anymore :) so your condition wont trigger , and change attribute stamina to stamina + 1 wont work . You will cause him issues later on this way.

You are definitely confused. game.#ofstamina is not the same as game.stamina.
    1. game.#ofstamina is use as number reference to trigger every 300s. Perhaps, I should name this "game.#ofstamina" as "game.refillnumber".
    2. game.stamina is the stamina
    3. game.refillnumber is to reset to 1 whenever game is launch.
    4. These are two different attributes; refilling or using stamina will only affect "game.stamina".

I hope this make sense now.

edited May 2016

@ka822 said:
    1. game.#ofstamina is use as number reference to trigger every 300s. Perhaps, I should name this "game.#ofstamina" as "game.refillnumber".

Your right i was confused :) I can't believe i read it couple of times and couldnt notice that my bad ;)

1. The "game.#ofStamina" attribute is just a time/number reference for next stamina refill. Initially we set this at 1. And when "game.time" is equal to "game.#ofStamina"*300, we will change "game.stamina" to "game.stamina+1"

You even mentioned it earlier lol sorry about that

• WeiyuWeiyu Member Posts: 216

I appreciated your time and effort. Thank both answer my problem.
    Words are not enough to express my gratitude.

Thank you♪(o=゜▽゜)

@Icebox said:

@mme5566123twww said:

@ka822 said:

@Icebox said:

@mme5566123twww said:

Ok, so the above refill stamina rule works if there is only one scene.
    If there is more than one scene, you must have this refill stamina rule in every scene.

then