1.25.5 GS Viewer defaulting to Portrait Mode

(Note - this issue was pulled from a different thread and started as a new thread)

Is anyone else noting an issue with the v1.25.5 GS Viewer in that it appears to be defaulting builds in PORTRAIT mode vs. Landscape? I've used both the iTunes version as well as the version that is installed via Xcode.

Essentially, whenever I push a project (I've been working on a number of Landscape-oriented projects) to the Viewer and start them up, they initially run in Portrait mode. Additionally, I'm normally run in OVERSCAN mode on the Viewer, but attempting to run using Stretch or Landscape doesn't change anything.. And this is occurring on an i6s, i5, and iPad Air2.

In Creator, under the Scene tab, under Attributes, the default setting for Autorotate is set to Landscape Left TRUE. I've attempted to adjust and run using Landscape Left, Landscape Right, both, and even neither toggled to no avail - Viewer always loads builds in Portrait mode.

Is there a preferred setting we should be using now?

I'm about to nuke the version of GS Viewer on my box and re-D/L the version, to ensure there wasn't an issue in the initial DL or install, but I don't think that's the issue..

Thanks!

-- J

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Viewer doesn't respect orientation never has. I usually just lock my orientation on my iPad when testing.

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

Good Solution....I can test the orientation on my iPad but this doesn't help development on the iPhone-size devices..

I'm curious as to what might have changed and if anyone else is encountering this..

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@KnightStar said:
    I'm curious as to what might have changed and if anyone else is encountering this..

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Viewer doesn't respect orientation never has.

I've been slinging GS for several years now and up until 1.25.5, when you held the device in the correct orientation during the push, the Viewer loaded the build in the matching Orientation.

Again, something must have changed since the last build..

(if you ever twisted the device around, etc., all bets were off, mind you...)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

so does it go to the proper orientation when you rotate it up and back?

Yeah, it will, but sometimes it goes to the opposite orientation - ie I'll flip it and hold the phone to Landscape Left and it'll sometimes rotate to Landscape Right or stay in Portrait..

I've submitted a bug for it so we'll see if the guys can track this down.. QA-1689

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

I'm having this issue too unfortunately. I just got the 1.25 viewer update from the iOS store earlier today on my iPad. The first time I loaded my game onto the device it worked flawlessly in landscape mode, I played with the game for a bit and monitored the statistics via GS up on my monitor and everything seemed fine. Later after quitting the viewer app and reopening it the viewer's Ui is landscape but when I open my game again from the recent projects tab it appears stuck in portrait with my game running sideways and black bars on the sides. So that's really strange. :neutral:

I tried locking rotation and trying the game in other modes even though I always use stretch for my iPads but nothing fixes it. @GeorgeGS can you GS guys take a look at this issue please. Thanks for the effort! :smile: