Resizing iPad project to iPhone

So I'm currently working on converting a project that was originally a Legacy iPad project to an iPhone project so I can apply universal builds support. I want to use GS quick resize tool but have not been able to download it. I look for it everywhere and could not find it. The further I got with that was getting DeepBlueApps to send me a link to my email which was supposed to be the download link for GS quick resize tool but I only got a screen with multiple letters and characters.

My game works perfect on iPad since it was built on iPad landscape but when I use it on iPhone it crops the screen. Is there any option that I can click on GS before or after creating the game that will resize the game to fit perfect to the screen? I don’t mind losing resolution. I also have the “Resolution Independence” box checked on GS Project Info Tab, it says (crop mode for other devices resolutions). Does that mean that is will crop the game to don’t lose the resolution?

I don’t want to change settings and adjust x and y values for each and every actor in the game. I just want to fit the game into the iPhone screen no matter if the actors slightly change shapes. I can deal with the squished or stretched actors as long as its all there and I don’t have a cropped off view. I don’t want to use the game.Screen.Size.Width and game.Screen.Size.Height because I have many actors.

Best Answer

Answers

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

If you don't mind the actors being distorted, you can just use the stretch function and your game will fit the iphone to.

• InovaTechInovaTech Member Posts: 161
    edited May 2016

I had the stretch function clicked on Gamesalad Portfolio. Is there another stretch function on the game salad application? Also, I want to find the website in which I can download Game Salad Quick Resize Tool.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

did you do a universal build? Do a universal build not iPhone.

edited May 2016

Can you please provide more information? @Lost_Oasis_Games @Dues ? I gave a detailed question and your answers are half a sentence. I am not too smart and experience as you guys are. I checked out this video and tried to do the landscape part but the video does not go in detail. I tried to put 750 for width and 1094 for height and it stills crop. I only want to make my game available for iPhone 6. so I only need the measurements I need to put for height and width, I believe those measurements are the resolution of the screen. Check out the minute 4:25

Apple will want the game to support all iPhone versions 5 and up. We gave you a direct answer. 1 when you publish out your game through gamesalad's web publishing system select the universal build option for iOS and select the stretch option. Do this and it will fit all devices.

Thanks @Lost_Oasis_Games I tried that already. If you don't mind checking my game on App Store to see how the screen don't fits, would be great. It is called Land Skater Bird. On iPad works great but on any iPhone it doesn't. I publish my app using universal iOS build on game salad and I checked stretch. I don't know what my prob will be

I don't doubt you are having issues. Have you tried doing a new test ad hoc just to make sure you did set things up right? We all mess up or miss a setting. If there is an issue it's a backend issue in the publishing system so the best option at this point is to contact GS support.

Thanks for the suggestion @Lost_Oasis_Games It helped me realize many things. So my questions narrowed. Do Apple set by default view "overscan" or "letterbox" instead of stretch? Apparently, on the GS Viewer the game fits perfect on my iPhone while I did no changes, I just chose on the GS Viewer to use the "Stretch" Function. The thing is that when I upload it to Appstore is does not apply that "Stretch" function even when I check the box "Stretch" on the game salad publishing website.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331
    edited May 2016

Check out this brief explanation and template:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92067/video-template-5-minute-universalisation-with-copy-and-past-and-almost-no-effort-free

That said, if you really don't want to go to the minimal trouble to move the necessary actors around, just using Stretch during GameSalad publishing is your easiest solution.

Hey @Armelline I am trying what you told me, "using Stretch during GameSalad publishing" and think it will work.
    I am just stocked in the application loader step to submit my app to apple for review. I got an error saying: (Error ITMS-9052. "invalid package. Application built with sdk 9.0 or later must be packaged as proper IPA files."

edited May 2016

Thanks @Armelline and @Lost_Oasis_Games You really helped me. So I think it worked since I tried it on the ad-hoc and it resized this time!!

Now, I just can't upload my app into App Store because App Store said, " 'demo', 'trial', or 'test' versions will be rejected. Beta Apps may only be submitted through TestFlight and must follow the TestFlight guidelines
    (I am not paying game salad membership at this moment but have a 13 day free trial, is that the problem?) Do I need Game Salad Pro membership in order to upload apps to App Store?

Also, how can I upload a picture from my computer desktop to this conversation?

Here is some info on the trial version:

http://help.gamesalad.com/knowledge-base/what-are-the-limitations-of-the-gamesalad-trial/

You upload a picture by clicking the "paper with the folded edge" symbol to the right and choose file to upload. It's located right below "Leave Comment". Or just drag the image into the comment ( should work)

Thanks @Dues . That link really helped me. I think I am good to go! I clicked that paper before but it says to upload "image URL". When I drag a pic, it only displays the following:
    /Users/pablodiaz/Desktop/temp..nbolmjzh.png

@InovaTech said:
    Thanks @Dues . That link really helped me. I think I am good to go! I clicked that paper before but it says to upload "image URL". When I drag a pic, it only displays the following:
    /Users/pablodiaz/Desktop/temp..nbolmjzh.png

Have you tried to post your comment after you uploaded your image? :)