Google Play removed app due to Revmob

Hi everyone, I may be dumb or did something wrong, but this hasn't happened before for any of my Google Play uploads before 1.25. It could be the new RevMob SDK.

But google play says they removed my app from the play store due to: "Your app is uploading users' installed apps information to http://userinfo.revmob.com/api/v4/mobile_apps without obtaining the user's explicit consent."

Then it gives a link to the Personal and Sensitive Information Policy which states do this to fix it:
-Post a privacy policy that, together with any in-app disclosures, comprehensively discloses the collection, use and sharing of any user data your app handles, how it’s used, and the types of parties with whom it’s shared, and
-Handle the user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (for example, over HTTPS).

So do I just write something up and put a link to the privacy policy in Google Play or do I HAVE to like implement some permission agreement in my game? Did this happen to anyone else and what did they do?

I only use RevMob for Banner Ads...Chartboost doesn't do them I think. Any recommendations?

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

The full email for your analysis/reference:

Hi Developers at NNterprises,

After review, Money Marathon, com.nnterprises.mm (Version code 15 and 16), has been removed from Google Play because it violates our personal and sensitive information policy. This app won’t be available to users until you submit a compliant update.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

Read through the Personal and Sensitive Information article and make the necessary changes to your app. Your app is uploading users' installed apps information to http://userinfo.revmob.com/api/v4/mobile_apps without obtaining the user's explicit consent.
    Make sure your app is compliant with the User Data policy and all other policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember that additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
    Sign in to your Developer Console and upload the modified, policy compliant APK. Make sure to increment the version number of the APK.
    Submit your app.
    If approved, your app will again be available with all installs, ratings, and reviews intact.

If you’ve reviewed the policy and feel this removal may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

• furtiveimaginationfurtiveimagination Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2016

Hi everyone, I have exactly the same problem just happened to one of my apps, it's obviously something the revmob sdk is doing but what should I do about it to get my App back on the Play Store?

I don't want to try something and re-submit only to have my account suspended for re-offending unwittingly because I thought I'd fixed it but didn't.

I did try to reach out to Revmob for help a couple of days ago but I haven't heard anything from them at all!

I don't have any more info to add to what's in the other post here, except I'm using Revmob for a full screen ad - but can anyone help us out?

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

uhh sorry to hear that!
    If you are sure its rev mob related switch to admob so far I had no issue with using their banners. Atleast until you get an official statement of rev mob.

Yep, the email from Google had this in it;

"Your app is uploading users' installed apps information to http://userinfo.revmob.com/api/v4/mobile_apps without obtaining the user's explicit consent."

so definitely a Revmob problem, and the App was fine untill I added the Revmob full-screen ad.

I can't add an AdMob full-screen ad because I already have an AdMob banner, and you can't have both from AdMob at the same time, so would have to just remove the Revmob ad, and the scene/behaviour that spawns it but would prefer to find a way to use RevMob as well if possible.

edited May 2016

Do we need a privacy policy or something? I asked Google Play and they just unhelpfully REsaid:

"During my review, I noticed your app sends users' installed app list to http://userinfo.revmob.com/api/v4/mobile_apps without disclosure, in your APK version code 15 and 16. Based on this, I’m not able to reinstate your app at this time."

It says WITHOUT DISCLOSURE, so I guess I need to disclose it somehow. Privacy policy? Do I need a popup in game? Do I put it in my Google play description? Is it that easy?

I like using RevMob though since I can use it on iOS too and AdMob seemed to have new issues in the 1.25 forum too...

Below comment is GPlay Team's useless response to my "What do I do?!"

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Play Team.

During my review, I noticed your app sends users' installed app list to http://userinfo.revmob.com/api/v4/mobile_apps without disclosure, in your APK version code 15 and 16. Based on this, I’m not able to reinstate your app at this time.

Your app violates section 4.3 of the Developer Distribution Agreement (https://play.google.com/about/developer-distribution-agreement.html#use) by uploading user information without the user's knowledge and consent. We classify user information including, but not limited to, email address, phone number, name, social media account information, and contacts as private and confidential information.

Going forward, if you choose to submit your app again, you may want to review the Developer Program Policies for additional guidance:
    https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html

Regards,
    Sandra
    The Google Play Team

On 05/11/16 10:02:43 nathannodolski@gmail.com wrote:
    App Removed from Store due to Revmob Ads
    1. Email states my game violates Personal and Sensitive Information policy
    2. Policy has been reviewed and states that a Privacy Policy needs to be
    used on my end

Question
    1. Do I need to include a Privacy Policy WITHIN the game itself where a
    player has to accept? Or can I just post the link in Google Play Dev
    Console?
    2. Doesn't Google Play ask for a user to accept permissions when
    downloading/updating an app?

Thank you again for everything!
    Nathan

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

@furtiveimagination said:

I can't add an AdMob full-screen ad because I already have an AdMob banner, and you can't have both from AdMob at the same time, so would have to just remove the Revmob ad, and the scene/behaviour that spawns it but would prefer to find a way to use RevMob as well if possible.

for now you can use chartboost interstitials and admob banners so you got monetization options covered

Thanks Big Dave, but isn't Chartboost a game only network? My App isn't a game but a conversion calculator, would I still be able to use Chartboost?
    Or does that only apply to their "Game Ad Network" and won't apply if I use the "Direct-Deals Marketplace"?

That IS good news, and quick too, good job GameSalad! - and I STILL haven't heard from RevMob!!