Stable Release 1.25.54 is Available

124»

Comments

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@viking We're working with CodeWizard to get a contract in place where he can continue working on improving GameSalad, as well as explore other interests. He'll still be around.

I know how annoying using GameSalad is with the new OS X update, we're well aware of the issue and are working to get a fix ASAP.

To fix the issue we've needed to do a pretty substantial rewrite of some code and that takes time / reveals other issues. We appreciate your patience.

As Socks quoted, you can use a virtual machine to go back an OS X version, or use a Windows machine if you have access to one, to work around the issue.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Ok then.

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@ForumNinja, downgrading the OS is not a solution for the slow opening of large actors as it is unrelated to the OS Update problem. This issue has been fixed ala @CodeWizard, but not released yet. Any chance we can get that version in the interim if the Update issue is taking longer?

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

Finally got to the root cause of the slow-downs I was experiencing when spawning lots of actors. It is related to actor size. If I reduce their sizes by half it runs like a dream. Hopefully this will be fixed with the update.

• ForumNinjaForumNinja Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 554

@Hopscotch Last I heard about his build is that it suffers a ton of memory leaks, and crashes after navigating around some, so there won't be a test build for a little while still.

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

any idea where we can get the image for OS X 10.11.4 or earlier? not able to find.. parallel is only allowing install of the current version of the os.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@ultima said:
    any idea where we can get the image for OS X 10.11.4 or earlier? not able to find.. parallel is only allowing install of the current version of the os.

I think under purchased apps in the mac app store you can download yosemite/other older versions if you have used it in the past.

Otherwise you have to buy a disc or find it via another method.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Many of us just upgraded to PRO version just to be very disappointed with the latest hiccup and unable to work GS. May I recommend that you at least give every one with a PRO account an extra month of subscription or however long till you fixed this issue?

• NalycanNalycan Member, PRO Posts: 96

I totally agree with "phamtastic"... We just released a new game and updated a couple of our other games, they all run super slow now. A real bummer especially for our new game:(

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

downloading from history works perfectly, thanks for the recommendation. one of those palm face moment, why didn't i think of that.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

I wish I hadn't installed the latest OSX update. It's such a shame that things are working so well and then GS just plain stops - why do we constantly have such bad luck! How long do you reckon for a fix, given the above?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited June 2016

It seems like GS has emptied the staff. Codewizard, Rihanna salad, George are all nolonger with gamesalad. Not even sure who is running things. My confidence in this company is lost at the moment. I had two games ready to release and I'm not going to release them. At this point I plan on ending my subscription to the software today. We'll see how things look down the road. I have no Idea who is running this company and who is even making the decisions. I would love to know who actually owns gamesalad. I would like to hear from the owners of this company.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    edited June 2016

@Lost_Oasis_Games that's some pretty big !@#$% happening....

Some dude called Brent Dusing now CEO... He's listed on the team link at the bottom of the page. A quick search for the guy tells us his past track record is online games with a heavy religious angle.

So if George is gone too, then that pretty much leaves no one working on fixes, or updating the engine/tool. So yup.... Folk really do need to hear from the new management about what the heck is going on.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    It seems like GS has emptied the staff. Codewizard, Rihanna salad, Dan, George are all nolonger with gamesalad. Not even sure who is running things. My confidence in this company is lost at the moment. I had two games ready to release and I'm not going to release them. At this point I plan on ending my subscription to the software today. We'll see how things look down the road. I have no Idea who is running this company and who is even making the decisions. I would love to know who actually owns gamesalad. I would like to hear from the owners of this company.

How is unsubscribing going to make the situation any better?!

Drama

• luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

@Chunkypixels said:
    @Lost_Oasis_Games that's some pretty big **** happening....

Some dude called Brent Dusing now CEO... He's listed on the team link at the bottom of the page. A quick search for the guy tells us his past track record is online games with a heavy religious angle.

So if George is gone too, then that pretty much leaves no one working on fixes, or updating the engine/tool. So yup.... Folk really do need to hear from the new management about what the heck is going on.

Hi,

Very interesting.........God Bless.....

Sincerely,

Sunday

• darrelfdarrelf Member Posts: 243

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    It seems like GS has emptied the staff. Codewizard, Rihanna salad, Dan, George are all nolonger with gamesalad. Not even sure who is running things. My confidence in this company is lost at the moment. I had two games ready to release and I'm not going to release them. At this point I plan on ending my subscription to the software today. We'll see how things look down the road. I have no Idea who is running this company and who is even making the decisions. I would love to know who actually owns gamesalad. I would like to hear from the owners of this company.

What a nightmare. I was so optimistic a year ago but now sadly I feel the end is nigh.

I know it's business at the end of the day but if the owners are listening, please if at all possible consider those who have invested countless hours in

• designing new games not yet released
    • applying updates to current games
    • spending so much time over the years working around the flaws in actually using Creator.

If Gamesalad will close in the future, advance warning would be so good so we can start to learn a different system and figure out how to port our games. Some make significant money for us.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2016

Its really sad to see how GS is handling stuff.. I love GS but it seems GS staff are not supporting it quite well.. specially they are not doing quick GS support fixes nor informing us what is going on.. well as a customer - we should be informed what is going on.. If this is the case at least bring free account as before .. even we have no clue when another fix will come next (five months?)

edited June 2016

@Two.E said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

Drama

Drama this is not. I'm not using the software right now becuase it is unusable. why should I spend the money?

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

@Two.E said:

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:

Drama

Drama this is not. I'm not using the software right now becuase it is unusable. why should I spend the money?

Agreed, I'm about to simply make all my games free to pay and find a new engine... This is too risky and without Dan or Codewizard, I am too scared to continue! : :(

I edited my post above. Dan is still there. But there are no coders. Too many questions for me right now. Will wait and see how things shake out over the next couple months. I'm really not interested in learning a new environment. Game making has only been a second thing for me so I may just switch my focus to my other life pursuits.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

The signs have been concerning for many months. i really hope this not a tragedy in the making. We have to wait for some official word.

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278
    edited June 2016

@ForumNinja any news? We don't want any excuses .. We want solution that is what we are paying for..

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Why are you all so worried , if they will close anytime soon they wouldn't have a new CEO.. I think they have a good plan for the future , just needs time (change is not always bad) .. im still supporting GS till the end , and I noticed that everytime something happens the members come up with stories about how GS is going down. GS team never mentions anything. So I think people should panic when GS team say they are going through problems and will shut down soon , other than that just relax... give your support to the new changes they might actually be better.. :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Lost_Oasis_Games and everyone else...

The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that we still have access to the Forum.

If GS was about to close... it would have without warning.

I don't know about you guys but I believe that what you focus on and put your attention on is what comes to pass.

I'm expecting a formal announcement of a new direction coming soon... Monday 6th June.

@darrelf said:

What a nightmare. I was so optimistic a year ago but now sadly I feel the end is nigh.

I know it's business at the end of the day but if the owners are listening, please if at all possible consider those who have invested countless hours in

• designing new games not yet released
    • applying updates to current games
    • spending so much time over the years working around the flaws in actually using Creator.

If Gamesalad will close in the future, advance warning would be so good so we can start to learn a different system and figure out how to port our games. Some make significant money for us.

I agree with this but what about all the people who have contributed time and effort to help make the product what it is now?

The company needs to take that into account because these people are a valuable asset who will stay, and will continue to help and contribute, and do so no added cost to the business! In fact most of them are paying customers at the Pro level so support the bottom line.

Where else can you find a business like that?

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263
    edited June 2016

So... right now we're paying for a service that doesn't work. Should I cancel my PRO membership? I'm not sure whether the new evangelical CEO is there to plug the gaps of the sinking ship or improve processes, but something doesn't feel right. With 0 programmers coding a fix for Gamesalad something has definitely gone wrong and the end could finally be nigh. Seriously hoping this is not the case however.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

@Icebox said:
    Why are you all so worried , if they will close anytime soon they wouldn't have a new CEO.. I think they have a good plan for the future , just needs time (change is not always bad) .. im still supporting GS till the end , and I noticed that everytime something happens the members come up with stories about how GS is going down. GS team never mentions anything. So I think people should panic when GS team say they are going through problems and will shut down soon , other than that just relax... give your support to the new changes they might actually be better.. :)

I think people are rightfully concerned and certainly not removing support. Indeed long suffering supporters have proven their support many times over and over through all the tribulations (@Lost_Oasis_Games has nothing to prove in this regard).

I am quite relaxed but concerned at the continual ructions that seem to hinder a wonderful product but I do not blindly follow anyone and certainly do not see any change as good change.

I hope it will work out well.

@PhilipCC ...yep, exactly if it was over I wouldn't be typing this right now.

edited June 2016

Well from what Im seeing, it looks like GS management have decided on a last ditch path of concentrating their efforts on continuing to sell the software, but no longer developing it or improving it... thats the only conclusion I can come to.

If you look at the team thats left, its pretty much all sales and advocacy staff, and the only role they're advertising for is in sales.

So if theres now believed to be no full-time staff in software support, development or engineering, then how on earth can the plan be anything other than to just sell a legacy product.

You don't just kill or let die your capacity to support your product... or am I completely missing something?

Again, its time for GS management to stop hiding, and to start being honest with us about whats happened, what the situation currently is, and how they plan to go forward. We seem to get an ever worsening version of this situation almost every year, and its never proved to have worked out good so far... stop with the bullshit and the promises you don't keep, and start being honest with us, before it really is too late.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

@Chunkypixels said:
    Again, its time for GS management to stop hiding

Not sure they're hiding, just barely in the office yet :D

@Armelline not meaning they're hiding right now, at this very minute.... more a case that they've avoided discussing the state of the company and the software with the community for a good while now... whilst we keep seeing all the negative events unfolding.

I didn't mean they were cowering under their duvets right now :)