DBA tools

ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

Hi I was wondering if the deep blue tools will be updated to work with the new GS version?

Comments

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

I paid for DBA Tools back in the day and I'd throw cash again at Darren and Wayne (@UtopianGames ) if they were updated to work with the latest GS..

Those tools were the best.. pity they went by the wayside..

-- J

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207

are they still on the forum?

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2016

We're no longer using GS so cant test but last time i did the tools seemed fine, it would only take a small tweak to get for e.g. the merger running but the way we've been treated by the current owner the chances of an update is about 0.00001%

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2016

that a shame.. i like GS and i love your tool in fact i'd have switched a long time ago if not for these automation tools you make.. sooner or later GS needs to understand that there is no money to be made where they are targeting and it's really the professional audience who will happily shell out the yearly fees because they know they can recover the cost rather quickly. but again, been on the platform for some time and maybe it's really time to leave and get into coding.

• wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2016

I'm in the process of going through various tools, utilities etc etc and making the source code available for all the tools available on GitHub under MIT license.
    I'll upload the source code for each of the tools etc as I get time.

For now, I've uploaded the SCENE MERGER source code to Git:
    https://github.com/WayneDBI

Your welcome to download, update to work with the latest version of GameSalad, improve, share the code etc.

I was 'mid-flow' on creating a new tool a year or so back that included all the functionality - of all the tools and more (Merger, Scenes, Copying, Snap, Grids, Resize, Attributes etc etc), but within a single tool/UI interface.
    Development stopped when multiple forum members said they'd make 'similar' tools (but never did), and then GameSalad themselves said they were going to incorporate MERGING, RESIZING, SCENE COPYING/Merging, GRIDS, SNAPPING, improved Attributes management etc etc etc... (But urm.. never did....5+ years later)..

Cheers
    Wayne
    http://www.deepblueideas.com

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    edited May 2016

Nice one Wayne!

I also remember @codewizard saying Merging projects will be added soon, guess we should of know better :P

• tmanntmann Member Posts: 278

@wayneh001 said:
    I'm in the process of going through various tools, utilities etc etc and making the source code available for all the tools available on GitHub under MIT license.

Wow thats fantastic - thanks a billion :)

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Which owner are you referring to? Of GS?

@UtopianGames said:
    We're no longer using GS so cant test but last time i did the tools seemed fine, it would only take a small tweak to get for e.g. the merger running but the way we've been treated by the current owner the chances of an update is about 0.00001%

• Bowhill GamesBowhill Games Member Posts: 191

@UtopianGames it would be interesting to know what tools you have switched to and how you rate then compared with GS

i have little to no knowledge of programming (depending on language) but i do have a lot of experience with configurators and logic engines which is why i like GS however as a tool it is missing some fairly basic features.

e.g.

Snap to gridpoints
    Selecting multiple actors
    basic collisions (granted there is now an option to create collision data in an external tool and import into GS but simply ignoring transparency on png files like lots of programs still isn't an available option)

(site currently under construction)
  • vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

@wayneh001 Does the Project Attribute tools work with the current version of GS? And if so, can you automatically rearrange all of your attributes alphabetically, or do you have to do it manually?

• wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300

@viking Not sure if Project Attributes is compatible with the current GS - it probably is..
    And yes, you can sort and rearrange the attributes using the tool.

@Bowhill Games
    I personally use various SDK's: Corona, Moai, Gideros, Cocos2d, YoYo GameMaker +others.
    Can't really discuss or compare the other SDK's as GameSalad has a 'no discussion' policy enforced when it comes to non GameSalad related conversations. Kinda funny really..
    @CodeWizard #truth ;-)

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Thanks @wayneh001. I would like to buy the tool, so it would be great if you could first test it and confirm that it does actually work on 1.25.54.

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796

@wayneh001 said:

For now, I've uploaded the SCENE MERGER source code to Git:
    https://github.com/WayneDBI

Cheers
    Wayne
    http://www.deepblueideas.com

Very nice of you to release the source code! Seemed to work fine on Windows after a few changes. (Needed to change some things to use the latest version of the framework you used to make it). Too bad you need a license to build it to use without ide.