collaborating on same app

My friend and I want to work on the same app from different devices since we live in different states. If I were to purchase a pro membership, could we do that?

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

You don't need pro as you would still need to pass the file back and forth. Gamesalad doesn't have an option for networked development.

• chelgesonchelgeson Member Posts: 17

how would we pass the file back and forth? would email work?

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@chelgeson said:
    how would we pass the file back and forth? would email work?

Yes. You would compress the .gameproj file as a .zip file and attach it to an email message.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@chelgeson Or you could upload to Dropbox and agree on times that each of you has access.

okay awesome thank you! but say I'm using pro features does he have to have the pro edition as well. ie, buying 2 subscriptions instead of just one

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@chelgeson all features apply to everyone whether its pro or regular. The only difference is where you can publish and for that you will only need one account anyway. So no, he doesn't need pro features.

thanks everyone

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It goes without saying that you should also backup your file to incremental versions (e.g. Save As instead of Save) every so often.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User