Atributes doesn't work?

hi,
I made 3 atributes in different actors, 1 actor, If game.timer <=10 change images
2 actor If game.timer <=12 change images
3 actor If game.timer <=14 change images

So when the timer under 10 the all actor will change images
when the timer 12 only two actor will change ect.

But it doesn't work.

for example: when my timer was 13 the all actors changed. But why?

Thank's for help

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited May 2016

From what you described, you only have one attribute, game.timer, that you are referencing in three separate actors. Did you create three new actors and give them those rules? Or did you drag three copies of an actor onto the scene and then give them those rules? The first method would create prototype actors with different rules while the second method would create instances with potentially the same rules.

Can you compress the project file as a .zip and upload it?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• rozsa.jatekfejlesztesrozsa.jatekfejlesztes Member, PRO Posts: 45

Sorry if it incomprehensible.
    I create 3 new actor and to the first actor i give this rule: If game.timer <=10 do change images
    To the second actor i give this rule: If game.timer <=12 do change images
    To the third actor i give this rule: If game.timer <=14 do change images

But when timer ex. 13, only have to the third actor changed. But sometimes changed the second actors too. Sometimes when the timer 17, should not changed the none of actor but sometimes change image the third actor. it seems like it would be a random, (of course its not)

This would be a star system.

Can you compress the project file as a .zip and upload it?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894
    edited May 2016

the moment your game starts/scene is loaded the game.Time is 1 second or less so it would trigger all 3. game.Time is updating every second. It sounds like you need an extra attribute added to the rule like when level is finished. I'm assuming your showing stars based on time completed

@KevinCross I assumed that since she/he is using game.timer and not game.Time, that the attribute is counting down to zero.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@tatiang said:
    @KevinCross I assumed that since she/he is using game.timer and not game.Time, that the attribute is counting down to zero.

Oops my bad. Clearly misread that one

• rozsa.jatekfejlesztesrozsa.jatekfejlesztes Member, PRO Posts: 45

Hi,

I solved the problem. The atributtes are fine. I always watched a wrong scene.
    Thanks the all answers :)