Have a few questions about how to go about Game Logic

R24 DigitalR24 Digital Member, PRO Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hey there! Thanks for your time. I am building a test to better learn the engine and have a couple of functions I can't quite seem to wrap my head around on how to execute. Let me explain first by what I want to do.

Lets say I have 3 button actors - Blue, red and yellow. I want to have it so a randomized actor will spawn and you have to press the corresponding button actor that matches the spawning actor and then when the correct button is pressed, it destroys that actor and another random is spawned. If you correctly match the button with the actor that pops up, you get a point. The more points you get, the faster it starts to go. If you miss one or press the wrong corresponding button, game over. I have tried a bunch of stuff but I am so new, I can't really put it together.

Any advice on how I might achieve this would be appreciated, thank you! <3

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

@R24 Digital said:
    Lets say I have 3 button actors - Blue, red and yellow. I want to have it so a randomized actor will spawn and you have to press the corresponding button actor that matches the spawning actor and then when the correct button is pressed, it destroys that actor and another random is spawned. If you correctly match the button with the actor that pops up, you get a point. The more points you get, the faster it starts to go. If you miss one or press the wrong corresponding button, game over.

Here is one way to do it , i attached a demo

• R24 DigitalR24 Digital Member, PRO Posts: 5

HOLY CRAP. You are AMAZING. Thank you so much! I am going to tear that apart and learn all I can from it!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

you welcome and good luck :)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Click the guru videos link in my signature and watch my GSlogic series. It will give you a great understanding of how to build logic in gamesalad.

• R24 DigitalR24 Digital Member, PRO Posts: 5

Appreciate this, Oasis! I will start watching now!