Guru Live Steam (Saturday May 21)

The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
edited May 2016 in Community Tutorials

This week I will be taking your questions, talking about the Mac OS update that broke gamesalad and other stuff.

Just an update @jonmulcahy is scheduled to be on in two weeks to talk about Steam!

Tune in

Today at 1:00pm est US, 6:00pm London.

Comments

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Lost_Oasis_Games

At 00:04:33 you said that “GS is pretty much unusable, at this point, for a lot of us”.

Do you mean only because of the problems with OS X 10.11.5 ?

What if you are still on OS X 10.11.4 ? I never auto update... anything.

It seems okay to me. (However, that's on a Retina iMac 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, 4096 MB video RAM, 3TB Fusion.)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited May 2016

its not that dramatic of an issue, just re-start game salad here and there
    but its good they know about it and work on it

I love game salad. Hope it will go its way. Already sharing their stuff on twitter when ever I can.

Regarding apple -> no steve jobs
    You can say about him what you want but he was the core engine of that company beside of founding it. People might be smarter and know much more about the tech. but he was the vision. So they now have all that power but don't really know where to go with this ship. So there came a Watch.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited May 2016

@PhilipCC said:
    @Lost_Oasis_Games

At 00:04:33 you said that “GS is pretty much unusable, at this point, for a lot of us”.

Do you mean only because of the problems with OS X 10.11.5 ?

What if you are still on OS X 10.11.4 ? I never auto update... anything.

It seems okay to me. (However, that's on a Retina iMac 4GHz i7, 24GB RAM, 4096 MB video RAM, 3TB Fusion.)

Yes don't update to 10.11.5 you end up in beach ball hell! I am as well on a retina iMac too..one I updated to 10.11.5 all hell broke loose. I may time machine back to 10.11.4