Gamesalad Creator lagging/freezing

LivieGamesLivieGames Member Posts: 44
edited May 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi I have recently updated to the latest version (1.25.54 - not sure if this is the problem) but the last few days has been lagging really badly, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes without it bogging down and the little thinking wheel spins and spins. Has anyone else encountered this?
Please help. Cheers

Comments

• LivieGamesLivieGames Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2016

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

@LivieGames said:
    Hi I have recently updated to the latest version (1.25.54 - not sure if this is the problem) but the last few days has been lagging really badly, I can't use it for more than 5 minutes without it bogging down and the little thinking wheel spins and spins. Has anyone else encountered this?
    Please help. Cheers

The cause is the Mac ox update 10.11.5. Gamesalad is working on the issue. If you use time machine you could roll back to OSX 10.11.4

• winged_boxwinged_box Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2016

My Gamesalad lag constantly too, I'm running on 6GB RAM.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
  • mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634
    edited May 2016

Freaky. It froze on me yesterday several times when I was working on a collision behavior. And I'm still on OSX 10.10.5 and GS 1.25.50.

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680
    edited May 2016

Me too....my game grinds to a halt after about 20 seconds. I'm still on mac 10.10.5 and GS 1.25.54

• tuftyfellatuftyfella Member, BASIC Posts: 17

very new to working on macs and with GameSalad. after updating to El Capitan 10.11.5 seem to be having this same problem. i didnt know that time machine existed and wasnt switched on so cant revert back to 10.11.4. i hope the GameSalad team can fix this as im really enjoying learning and creating with it.

@tuftyfella yeh me too...
    I just updated to OS X El Capitan 10.11.5
    And the latest GS version aswell 1.25.54

Now when i use Gamesalad creator for even just 5 minutes i get the loading pinwheel that will stay there for nearly 10 minutes..
    Please any help or infor would be much appreciated, Ive become so addicted to GS and i feel like ive lost a limb! lol..

Cheers guys

also.. @Lost_Oasis_Games
    Thankyou so much, will try that

• salino2835salino2835 Member, PRO Posts: 76

I updated to the beta 1 of 10.11.6 and still same issue

Hi there can anyone shed some light as to when an update will be released for GS as I have not been able to use it for over a week now, I am using OS x 10.11.5 and the latest GS version 1.25.54... GS starts out great after 2-3 minutes then it bogs down really bad, i can't even switch between actors without waiting atleast 5 minutes for loading and with only a few rules added to a blank project.
    Considering cancelling subscription until fixed..
    My mac is 9 months old. Core i5. 8Gb RAM. 1Tb HDD (which still has 900Gb free)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers

• demyguydemyguy Member, PRO Posts: 13

Same here with OSX 10.11.5, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5 16gb ram - and GS 1.25.54. It takes ages to load a level or an actor, and it's very hard to use the iOS viewer too, it crashes nearly all times while sending the game. Please do something, we're paying!

Interaction designer, blogger, game developer, sometimes tech enthusiast and sometimes tech pessimist. World champion of tsundoku. @damianogui

Ok so just to let everyone know who is having these problems.
    I uninstalled GS creator and the installed the latest nightly build (0.14.1)
    So far so good!!!!!! it seems to be working just fine, although only for experimenting. But should get us out of trouble for a while until next update..
    I hope this helps some of you! Happy Gaming :smiley:

Here is a link to download it:
    http://gs.releases.x.s3.amazonaws.com/creator/0.14.1/GameSalad-CreatorDaily-0.14.1-beta.dmg

• Nabbo (ReflectiveByte)Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Member Posts: 278

@LivieGames nightly build is very old, but if its working then its fine, just save it as aseperate file, moreover there will be very less features as it is old version.. and well about lag/hang it has to do with software security updates that Apple released I guess, so hardware is not an issue.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Hopefully we can get an update soon. My creator is lagging to death after 5 mins or less. Save me GS team, save me!

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

As reported, there are two issues at play here.

One is a general slowdown on opening actors. This was introduced with the bolding of the "Otherwise" section and occurs on all OS X versions.

The other slowdown is specific to the latest El Capitan update.

@CodeWizard is aware of both. Hope we have a solution soon.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Thanks for the update @Hopscotch let's hope for a fix soon. Trust Apple to go and change things when 1.25 has suddenly perfected the Creator...

@Nabbo (ReflectiveByte) Thanks mate, your right it is quite old but its good coz im still learning the ropes, so I'm just using it for studying... Been trying to learn for nearly a year now and just when i feel I've got it, I watch another tutorial and think, wow I've still got so much more to learn! lol.. (coming from no programming experience) Is this normal or am i just dumb! lol

• gazzajoycegazzajoyce Member, PRO Posts: 3

Same issue with me, although I was running the trial version and had no issues. The moment I purchased the pro plan the freeze started. I've only just started creating a platform running game and when I move between areas of GameSalad it freezes. I generally get two to three moves and then it starts to slow and gets progressively worse. I have so much I want to to and try but can't!