I uploaded my game widget to Tizen!

FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

There where two problems I encountered while trying to publish to Tizen, but I quickly figured out how to get around them.

If pressing "build project" as according to the instructions in the cookbook doesn't work, try "build package", you will still get a widget.

When uploading, you might get a "Web tags...config.xml" not being supported in versions below 2.3. So I go into the config file, and wondered if something had to be removed in order to get it through. Instead I see an attribute of a file version set at 2.2, I set it to 2.3{the latest sdk version is 2.4}. Re-uploaded it and it went through.

But even once there, you will run into two things, if you try to set a premium price, the game is limited to being sold in a few Asian countries, but if you don't have a ESRB/PEGI certificate, your game is only available in Brazil. Which means if you set it to premium with no rating certificate uploaded, your game is unavailable globally.

I'm thinking of making a short demo of the game, setting it to free, and seeing what happens.

Theoretically, since Tizen accepts web apps/html games{from what I heard}, you could use that, combine the game with a service like leadbolt{when I tested it via just html5 the ads showed up, but only on startup, but with the discoveries @jonmulcahy has had with steam api working between scenes, it is possible to make intersitials on a html5 app running on Tizen{or android}.

So if you want to publish to Tizen with ads, since it might be quite difficult to get a rating certificate, then trying any ad service that works in mobile games + html might work. It won't be a true native Tizen app though.