Student project, looking for feedback

pauldersgate@yahoo.compauldersgate@yahoo.com Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Announce Your Game!

We are a team of high school students and this is our final project. Our instructor has asked us to place a link here and request feedback from the community. I'm so sorry... arcade.gamesalad.com/games/137342

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

No need to apologize. This is what the forums are here for. Welcome!

I would recommend having the key controls visible on the main menu screen. I eventually found them (pressing 'M' in-game), but I basically had t mash the keys to find that out.

Space does nothing for me, neither the mouse. I would recommend using only keyboard, as many on laptops might not have a mouse. I would remap controls to arrows and use other keys for the additional controls.

The coins take a long time to disappear when picked up. I would make that a bit quicker and maybe have them flash a little bit as you pick them up.

Cannot comment much more since I could not attack and so got stuck quickly.

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Nice start --

But as @pHghost mentioned the mouse and spacebar don't seem to be working as you intended. And I can't get past the first level.

Keep it up! You will get there!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

I couldn't get the space bar or left mouse button to do anything either. But it's a good start, keep working on the mechanics and fine tuning the details! Nice to see Rowdy Roddy Piper make an appearance!