Screen flickers black when objects spawn

Oleg32sOleg32s Member Posts: 10

Every time something spawns or even sometimes gets destroyed, the screen will flash black for a split second, it happens in preview and even on device. Some of the things are spawned on a timer set to a random attribute that chooses what gets spawned. I don't have a clue as to why, it didnt use to happen before. Does anyone have any ideas as to why, because the game is essentially built but this is causing issues.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Try changing the layer order / and/or the spawn position (back of layer, back of actor, front of . . . etc).

• Oleg32sOleg32s Member Posts: 10

I tried, layering does nothing

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Strip your project back to its basics, remove sounds and images and unneeded code, keep simplifying it until you can locate the part of your project causing the issue.

• allc1865allc1865 Member, PRO Posts: 777

yeah. hate it when that happens. that means you usually have one too many things in the same actor and it's overthinking.

For instance, I created random tables and I have the tables tell the actor to spawn, yet, I put a spawn behavior in my rules anyway, and my game flickered and froze.

You can always post a link to your game and maybe we can take a look and help out.