How to copy an actor from another project?

mmhs1613mmhs1613 Member, PRO Posts: 2

My friends and I are developing game for a school project. We have our main player in one project but everything else is in another project. How do I copy the main player actor into the project with all of our levels? I need an answer as soon as possible please.

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

there are some third party tools to merge projects, but they have not been updated in awhile. Other than that you're up to recreating the rules unfortunately.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

You can copy all the rules from your actor to a new actor in your other project , attributes wont be copied so you will do only that part. shift click and select all your rules , control c to copy , control v to paste in your new project.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

If you actor does not rely on game level attributes, you can just drag it from one project to the other - on a Mac. Harder to do so on Windows. If it relies on game attributes, you need to go through the actor and remove all game attribute references (except those to "constant" game attributes like device attributes. The easiest way to do that is to repalce all game attributes with references to device attributes like game.Touches.Touch 1.X etc temporarily.