I just read on linkin codewizard no longer works for gamesalad.

2»

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Socks said:
    Just bought a school uniform, it's pretty tight, but I just about squeezed in, should have really bought a boys uniform, but it's on regardless.

• KnightStarKnightStar Member Posts: 162

Say -

Playing pessimist here, in the event that GS goes down or at least the forum goes dark, is there a place where folks can get updates and correspond? I recall a forum on the @UtopianGames old Deep Blue site, but it would be cool if we had something like that for folks to get updates and stay in touch should things go south.

Perhaps the folks at GS Helper.com could throw a forum together since they already have the popular site up that's sanctioned to sell GS goods, templates, etc.

-- J

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@Socks said:
    Just bought a school uniform, it's pretty tight, but I just about squeezed in, should have really bought a boys uniform, but it's on regardless.

Now I have two unsavory GameSalad images I will never be able to get out of my head. (Find the other one here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/348199/#Comment_348199)

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@RThurman said:

@Socks said:

Now I have two unsavory GameSalad images I will never be able to get out of my head. (Find the other one here: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/348199/#Comment_348199)

rofl

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

Combine the two mental images and I get something like this:

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@KnightStar said:
    Say -

Playing pessimist here, in the event that GS goes down or at least the forum goes dark, is there a place where folks can get updates and correspond? I recall a forum on the @UtopianGames old Deep Blue site, but it would be cool if we had something like that for folks to get updates and stay in touch should things go south.

Perhaps the folks at GS Helper.com could throw a forum together since they already have the popular site up that's sanctioned to sell GS goods, templates, etc.

-- J

I think it might be worth waiting for an official communication about the situation. I understand your concern and many people here have a lot invested in GameSalad continuing to thrive but this thread is less than a day old and beyond what @jonmulcahy posted, we're left with speculation about what will happen moving forward.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Glad to see @codewizard will still be around. He brought the software farther than anyone has to date and it only took a year. He did more in the last year than others in the last five.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Lost_Oasis_Games said:
    Glad to see @codewizard will still be around. He brought the software farther than anyone has to date and it only took a year. He did more in the last year than others in the last five.

Yeah, hopefully after he's taken a well earned break from fighting the GameSalad wall of code he'll find the time to lend his skills to furthering GS.

@tatiang said:
    I think it might be worth waiting for an official communication about the situation.

There's no time to wait around for the official word, we need to be making stuff up NOW, before it's too late !

From what I understand Codewizard didn't leave GameSalad, he was kicked out after a prolonged period of erratic behaviour, in which he claimed "the code base is talking to me, it's called Barbara, and it's talking to me", although given repeated warnings he continued to turn up naked each day, often covered in nuts and raisins, glued to his body, and would spend the first couple of hours of each day drawing pictures of cats . . . on the other staff members.

• CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143

@Socks #truth

• luke2125luke2125 Member, PRO Posts: 225

Hi CodeWizard,

Glad to know that you are staying with GameSalad......God Bless....

Sincerely,

Sunday

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779

I agree, Codewizard has made incredible progress with the engine.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2016

@RThurman said:

@Socks said:

Thanks for that, you just disillusioned me. :( I started using GameSalad in Nov 2012 so I never saw that post, otherwise I would have stayed well clear:

@ LycetteBros said:
    My name is Lycette, that's me in the icon. I am a 32 years old and hot.

;)

Hence the " ;) " ... I am really a 43 obese male wearing a g-string

I noticed at some point that Lycette lives in Australia so I was hoping to touch base sometime.

Now I don't want to touch anything.

I bet that snout is real too! :*

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

I bought a years membership to help support GS when they were still working on Graphine. When Graphine was ditched I pretty much gave up on them. Creator is a pig which has had a lot of lipstick and makeup applied over the years but it is still a pig and with over a million lines of poorly written code it will never be anything but a pig.

GS has burned through over eight million of investor's bucks and counting and it still can't support itself. It needs to attract a lot more serious game developers with the bucks and willing to pay for it to succeed. They would have come here for Graphine but they won't come here in anywhere near enough numbers for Creator.

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

So with GS seemingly leaning towards Education .. Is this their way of accepting themselves that GameSalad will never be, and never fulfil the potential it has? So are concentrating on education with a view of an introduction to coding and its principles whilst not having to provide for the serious developer with more needs?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Ever since i joined gamesalad which was a year ago all iv seen was improvement. They added custom collisions , custom fonts , html5 publishing , improved the loading time , improved performance, steam greenlight. Theyr doing a great job. I think the education part is a good thing, it will kind of force them to add more features and make sure GS is at its best.

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276
    edited May 2016

Education has always been a huge part of GS, so i don't thnk it's a bad thing that they are concentrating more on that market.

In my opinion, GS is absolutely the easiest and fastest engine to learn, so it is a good place to start studying game development.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2016

@beefy_clyro said:

So with GS seemingly leaning towards Education .. Is this their way of accepting themselves that GameSalad will never be, and never fulfil the potential it has? So are concentrating on education with a view of an introduction to coding and its principles whilst not having to provide for the serious developer with more needs?

Maybe, but more likely as a business they need to do what works for them to be able to operate as a business. Because if they can't operate at all, we'll have no Gamesalad at all. So education seems like a great market for GS. Because it's a great tool for as you said an "intro to coding" program. And they still have developers on staff, I can't imagine them doing nothing at all. So in the end that works out better then the alternatives.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

edited May 2016

@CodeWizard said:
    @Socks #truth

Good luck with Realms, hope it goes well for you . . . and it goes without saying that I think most people around here hope that in the future you throw a little input into GS every now and then when you get the chance !

Thanks for all the amazing work you did on GS !! :)

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598

Did I write that @PhilipCC ?
    I think someone pm'ed that I was hot (due to the icon I have of my wife)...so I told them something to scare them off....oh well, sorry to disturb you so.

Btw this thread confuses me totally I do not know what is happening at GS. Is it pivoting?

@lycettebros said:
    Is it pivoting?

Not really, education has been the stated goal for a few months now.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

:* > @lycettebros said:

Did I write that @PhilipCC ?

I'm afraid you really did. Go and read that whole old thread that @RThurman gave us the link to.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/348199/#Comment_348199

It's funny as hell what BS some people wrote introducing themselves. :D It amused me for half of Sunday.

I think someone pm'ed that I was hot (due to the icon I have of my wife)...so I told them something to scare them off....oh well, sorry to disturb you so.

:disappointed:

Tell your wife I didn't mean to offend her. She really is cute. I was just having a lend of you.

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    edited May 2016

@PhilipCC said:

Tell your wife I didn't mean to offend her. She really is cute. I was just having a lend of you.

I will. She is. Anytime :)

(..that can be interpreted in a number of ways!)