why is gamesalad so slow

my gamesalad is really slow. the color wheel can spin for minutes just when trying to edit a scene

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

They are working on a fix , its a known bug hopefully it will be fixed soon

• phamtasticphamtastic Member, PRO Posts: 354

Wow.. this bug is bad. Can't work on my game until this is fixed.

• 33miles33miles Member, BASIC Posts: 71

@chelgeson What version of OS X are you running chelgeson? I've read performance is bad with the latest GS and el capitan 10.11.5. But I have 10.11.4 and for some reason my GS experience is more sluggish than I can ever remember it being before... :'(

• SmallBytesSmallBytes Member, PRO Posts: 21

Any updates on this issue, i have had to stop work on all projects until this is resolved. Gamesalad has become un-usable for me.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Same GS has become completely unusable. I am now rocking back in the forward in the corner in a foetal position. Apparently a fix is on the way! It's much needed.

• BrainSmashBrainSmash Member, PRO Posts: 2

I'm glad you all brought this up. I thought I was the only one or even worse that my game was getting too old or too big. I just upgraded to El capitan and pretty much regret it.

• SmallBytesSmallBytes Member, PRO Posts: 21

Just got this from Gamesalad Support:

Hey there!

A fix has not been found yet, but we're actively working on it. This issue was brought about by the Mac OS X update 10.11.5.

To work around it in the meantime you can get a virtual machine that is running a previous version of Mac OS X (like 10.11.4) and work using that, or if you have access to a Windows machine, you can work using GameSalad's Windows version.

I guess we wait.

• siriogarciamsiriogarciam Member, BASIC Posts: 1

I bought my membership with GS and I bought one iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. But I can't work in my games, this is very slowly.... I found all comments here, now I know GS is Working with OS X 10.5.....

• aurynstaraurynstar Member Posts: 41

Ah. Glad it's not just me. Happy to hear they are working on a fix. Completely un-usable!