Actor leaves duplicate trace when moving in any direction

r.morris_1302r.morris_1302 Member Posts: 2

Hi all. Very new to GS and now in process of tutorial. But when moving my actor in play mode it leaves a permanent duplicate snake behind it. Its pretty frustrating and i cant find an answer anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thankyou

Comments

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

You're probably going to give a little more information than that.

What's your game?
    How are is your actor controlled (screen grab of rules would be useful)?

Also worth checking that you haven't accidentally got a duplicate of the actor.

• cornyxxlcornyxxl cornyxxl Member Posts: 1

Hey guys,
    I am also new to gamesalad. I have exactly the same problem when doing your tutorial. When I press play and start the app, i can't see the background (although it is shown in that youtube tutorial video of you) and my actor leaves his mark on the screen when moving. Definitely no duplicate of the actor...

• adam.89.goadam.89.go Member, BASIC Posts: 2

I have the same problem. Just started. One rule. When the key "w" is pressed down move 90 degrees. And it just duplicates. Attaching the screenshots.

https://postimg.org/image/76vhgl1wz/

https://postimg.org/image/mgvcnrxf7/

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Really odd.

Save your project. Close it and quit Gamesalad completely. Restart Gamesalad Make a quick simple project like you described...... Still happening?

• adam.89.goadam.89.go Member, BASIC Posts: 2
    edited January 2017

Yes. Still. Did that restart 3 times. Other people encounter same problem on the internet. Can't find solution. I just started using gamesalad and this sh!t. Maybe because it is a 3 day trial version?

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

I had the exact same thing happen to me and spent a bunch of time debugging it; the problems ceased after I removed all 0 timers from the scene. Not sure why this would be happening if you aren't using any timers..