Saved attributes not showing changes upon restart

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Hi folks,
So I've got a pop up at the beginning of the game that once selected shouldn't be there ever again. I save a bunch of attributes to make this so. However, each new relaunch of the app it keeps popping up, hence making it annoying. Anything I am doing wrong and what should I do to fix? I tried load attributes with the lowest actor in the scene so those are some of the first bits of code to be implemented.

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited June 2016

Is it the first scene ? if yes then try adding a loading screen with load attributes or put a loop while game.attribute is true change color alpha to 0

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

hmmm, thanks!

@Icebox I added a loading screen that loads all those attributes but they are still not using the saved settings. I dont get it though. Should I be saving those attributes in a table then perhaps? baffled.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Tables aren't required but are certainly easier since they don't require loading -- it's done automatically -- and you can save multiple "attributes" (cells) with a single Save Table behavior.

If you want to troubleshoot the issue you described, upload a simplified project that just has the Save Attribute and Load Attribute behaviors and however many Display Text behaviors you need to demonstrate the problem.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Hi @tatiang I've uploaded a demo of it. Been baffled!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I could be wrong but I think the problem is in your Light Display Option and Dark Display Option actors:

You're saving attributes to keys called "0" and "1" but you're loading them using the full attribute names (e.g. "game._____").

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

ah right! Thanks @tatiang