Game Salad Signing Process Link not working

Hello,

I am about to publish my first little game on android. I went well through the process till now, but now I am stuck at the point where it says "Congratulations. Your app is ready! You asked us to build it 2016-06-15 06:57:07 UTC. To start the app the signing process click here". If I click on click here i get this: gamesalad://apps/946854/sign/android (Page not found)

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Best Answers

• fmakawafmakawa Posts: 565
    Accepted Answer

@hansdrum so you've signed the APK? Now you have to log into Google Play or whichever Android store you'll be using, Create an account, pay the developer fees and load a new app.
    follow directions here:
    http://help.gamesalad.com/windows-cookbook/publishing/google-play-publishing-2/

• fmakawafmakawa Posts: 565
    Accepted Answer

@hansdrum yes. Each new update has to be signed and you have to use the same keystore as the original version. So always keep the keystore in a place you can't forget and remember your passwords. REMEMBER-> ONE APP = ONE KEYSTORE= THE SAME KEYSTORE FOR ALL UPDATES. This is very important.

Answers

• hansdrumhansdrum Member, PRO Posts: 22

BTW: I went through the APK signing process within gamesalad program, which worked fine. But how can I publish to android now?

• hansdrumhansdrum Member, PRO Posts: 22

Ok, thanks. I thought thats working via gamesalad as well. How about updating games? Do I need to make the whole signing process again and then upload the updated apk in google store again?

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

Hi!
    @fmakawa , just a question regarding security: If I have signed my app with my unique app keystore, is it then safe from being ripped from the PlayStore?