Amazon vs Android Publishing // Leaderboards

Heres the facts: I'd like to publish my first game. Nothing great, a flappy bird clone with new artworks. No plans to monetize, just a try to figure out how to publish. So now theres a few questions that came up:

1. I'd like to publish on android for the beginning. Means via the gamesalad process and then uploading it as android developer. As I didnt find an easy way to implement online lederboards using this method and also dont wanna pay the 25$ to sign up as an developer, I decided to try it via amazon. If I am wrong about the lederboards here, please correct me (btw: where can I find the amazon API key to use amazon services in GS?)
  2. Publishing on amazon via GS: I got stuck at the point where I should put in the API key - couldnt find it anywhere in Amazon dev surrounding.
  3. Publishing via Amazon directly: The process worked fine so far, right now the app is being revised by amazon. Question is: How can I set up the leaderboards? Is this somehow connected to GS?

After all: When I get the API key set up, can I still publish the game via GS even now its published directly on amazon? I like to have it all in one place. Also: as the amazon app is an android one, can it be found in an play store directly or can it only be accessed via an amazon app? As you can see - the difference between the ways of publishing via amazon or not and/or via GS or without GS isnt really clear to me. Any best practices here?

Thanks in advance - Hansen.

Best Answer

• NNterprisesNNterprises Posts: 387
    Accepted Answer

You have to clikc on "Security profile" and GameCircle on the amazon site to set up all that. Theres billions of tutorials, search for Gingagaming MD5 or Amazon Leaderboards