Network Behaviors are not working after clearing my cache and cookies.

ericpoole27ericpoole27 Member, PRO Posts: 6

Hi all!

I have a project using the Get and Send network behaviors and thought everything was working on my Mac. However, I have realized that clearing my browsing data breaks the get and send buttons. Has anyone experienced this or know of any work arounds? I am placing the URL link below. It seems these network behaviors can only fetch the Url data if I have accessed the link directly prior to previewing in Creator. I did Ad Hoc android testing and the same issue occurs.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

http://www.cosmicoc.byethost33.com/merge.php

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

That is very strange, and shouldn't be the expected behavior. If you clear the cache, do you see anything in the logs on your server?

• ericpoole27ericpoole27 Member, PRO Posts: 6

Clearing my browser does not trigger any error or access logs and the only error being recorded is about a favICon:

Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:45:44 -0500 AH00128: File does not exist: /home/vol11_7/byethost33.com/b33_18262007/htdocs/favicon.ico

I just uploaded a new file called favicon.ico into this folder just to see if it will help.

are you trying to push new data to the server or pull data down?

if trying to push new data, add back the line that writes the incoming data to a log file (line 32 in original file). if trying to pull, add a line that writes the outgoing data to a log, can be identical to line32, just make sure pulls the right info

I am attempting to pull data from the server.

So I added: $connected = 'connected.txt';

and set this to trigger right after the connection is established with SQL. I also added a variable holding the outgoing data to write a log file when Get is triggered.

Everything works fine and writes the logs correctly but after I clear my cache in safari nothing happens, no errors no output logs. It seems the php is not running at all.

I am wondering if the issue lies in the hosting with byethost. After clearing my cache and navigating back to the php URL, additional characters are added to the URL in the address bar.

It changes from:
    http://www.cosmicoc.byethost33.com/merge.php

to:
    http://www.cosmicoc.byethost33.com/merge.php?ckattempt=1

I have tried placing the second link in the behavior but it does not fix the issue. Is there something I need to alter in the second link to make this work or should I move on to another host?

I have MAMP installed and the file working locally, but my network configuration makes it difficult to do remote testing with MAMP.

AGAIN, thank you so much for your time and expertise.

So after some Googling on my lunch break it appears the ?ckattempt=1 appended on the end of the link is a security measure intended to prevent bots, Unfortuantely it is preventing php execution from the Get behavior as well.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the paid version of byethost but it is definitely an issue with the free version.

I suppose the best solution is finding a new host.

@ericpoole27 said:
    So after some Googling on my lunch break it appears the ?ckattempt=1 appended on the end of the link is a security measure intended to prevent bots, Unfortuantely it is preventing php execution from the Get behavior as well.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the paid version of byethost but it is definitely an issue with the free version.

I suppose the best solution is finding a new host.

Yea you want a real web host that allows real PHP :). If it works locally but fails on your site it usually means your host is messing around.

I use site5, have for years, been happy with them