Does Gamesalad get some of your profit?

Game ChefGame Chef Member Posts: 20

Hi i was wondering if by using Gamesalad to make and publish a game if they than get a percentage of the profit each time you sell it in the app store. I have heard they display ads but you can pay to make them go away. Is that true and how much does it cost for them to got away?
thx

Best Answers

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,772
    edited June 2016 Accepted Answer

Gamesalad does not take any profit from your games.

To publish to the various app stores you'll need to sign up for Gamesalad Pro which is $29 per month.

http://gamesalad.com/creator/pro

You only have to be Pro for the month you want to actually publish, you can spend your time developing as a Basic user if you'd like.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKPosts: 1,894
    Accepted Answer

@Game Chef said:
    Hi i was wondering if by using Gamesalad to make and publish a game if they than get a percentage of the profit each time you sell it in the app store. I have heard they display ads but you can pay to make them go away. Is that true and how much does it cost for them to got away?
    thx

They used to show a banner ad at the bottom of your game if you made it with a free account but that was a good couple of years ago and that was only a banner linking to other GameSalad games. They've since done away with the free account completely.

You can have ads in your games that you've published to the different stores, and you keep all monies earned from them.

The only money GameSalad take from you is your monthly/yearly subscriptions.