Custom sounds/music effects

Hey all, I was wondering what the best free sources out there for adding sounds into GS.

ALSO, are there any programs out there that anyone uses to create your own custom sounds rather than using any free sources?
What type of format does GS require for sounds?

Thanks!!

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

GS uses .ogg files for sounds, you can use any online converter and change any type to .ogg and it works

I think I used freesound.org for a couple of my things

To create your own sound, I would record it to your computer or phone, cut it using any applicable tool, export the mp3 or m4a, then convert it to .ogg online

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

You could also use something like BXFR or Chiptone

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2016

@NNterprises said:
    GS uses .ogg files for sounds, you can use any online converter and change any type to .ogg and it works

. . . and don't forget m4a for music.

@NNterprises said:
    To create your own sound, I would record it to your computer or phone, cut it using any applicable tool, export the mp3 or m4a, then convert it to .ogg online

It's best to avoid two stages of compression, better to export (if possible) as uncompressed or lossless audio (WAV, AIFF etc) before conversion to .ogg.

MediaHuman Audio Converter ( http://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/ ) is a great tool* for conversion to .ogg and .m4a, and much better control than GS's default settings.

*and free for Mac and PC !!

• ingamezingamez Member, PRO Posts: 41

Thank you so much everyone, I have already seen a few of the links you guys provided. I will continue my search for some more stuff!