Custom collision causes crash only if it's applied to a certain actor

gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

Hi guys!
I'm working on a platform game.

I created a json file with Physics Body Editor 2.9.2, the shape is not concave, it works perfectly on many Actor of the game.

But on the main Actor (the "hero") is causes crash when I press play.

I tried to remove all behaviors from the Actor but It crashes anyway.

Anyone here did ever experienced this bug?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I think it has something to do with the resizing/scale of the json boundary. I kindof had this issue before where all of them would move correctly with the same json, then one specific one would be a big white block that doesn't move when it pops up.

So I made a separate actor/json for that specific one... annoying, but it works now

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Try to make a copy of the hero actor and import a new json , it might work. I didn't have this problem but it happened with an image i used to place on an actor and it caused the app to crash, when i copied it and made a new image it worked. Maybe its the same in your case, if it doesn't talk to support they are helpful.

• gameviccigamevicci Member, PRO Posts: 306

@Icebox said:
    Try to make a copy of the hero actor and import a new json , it might work. I didn't have this problem but it happened with an image i used to place on an actor and it caused the app to crash, when i copied it and made a new image it worked. Maybe its the same in your case, if it doesn't talk to support they are helpful.

Just tried and it crash even so

@NNterprises said:
    I think it has something to do with the resizing/scale of the json boundary. I kindof had this issue before where all of them would move correctly with the same json, then one specific one would be a big white block that doesn't move when it pops up.

So I made a separate actor/json for that specific one... annoying, but it works now

That's the only actor of the game with custom collision :)

However guys thanks a lot, I'll try to talk to support and I will let you know the final solution!