Good Table Manners

smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

So i've been busy editing Armelline's excellent table alphabetising program.

I've got my head around it and have got it doing what i want. I've also added a button to "save the table" which i was hoping would filter the new alphabetised table back through to the master table (back in the gamesalad editor). But unfortunately it didn't..

Does anyone know if its possible to edit the master table (the one you make in the GS editor)???

Comments

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Any ideas?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2016

@smurfted said:
    Any ideas?

Maybe tag @Armelline so he's aware of this thread.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327
    edited July 2016

@Socks said:
    Maybe tag @Armelline so he's aware of this thread.

Sadly I don't seem to be getting tag notifications right now for some reason, but luckily I stumbled upon this thread anyway!

You seem to be asking how to take the sorted table and make it the "default" table, outside of the game (as in while you're creating it). This could be done in Numbers or Excel if you originally imported the data.

If you inputted all the data directly into GS yourself, you'll need to output the table to the debug console. Ideally formatted as CSV. Then you can just import it back in again.

As to how, I'd probably make a text game attribute and then run a loop that does:

change attribute game.TableText to game.TableText..tableMergeValues(values for a single row).."\n"

Then just loop over the table running that for every row.

If you're just asking how to put the sorted table back into the master table in-game, just copy the table using Copy Table.