How can i scroll the background on y-axis?

fongorfongor Member, PRO Posts: 18

Thanks for helping!

Comments

• fongorfongor Member, PRO Posts: 18

Please~~

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

It all depends on what you need you need to be specific. Is it just a moving background? Does it scroll when you swipe? ... etc

But if you want it to move in the background you can do a lot of things...

Make a background actor and stretch it to the size needed

Choose one of the following to make it move down 1000 pixels for 10 seconds:

1. Put a rule in the actor to Interpolate self.position.Y to -1000 in 10 seconds .
    2. Just go into attributes and make linear velocity Y = -100
    3. Put a rule in the actor to Move in direction DOWN (270 maybe i think) with speed -100
    4. You can also use Constrain self.position.y to self.position.y - # (don't feel like doing math)
    5. You can use accelerate but that's a bit different
    6. "Move to"
    7. More things
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Below is a tutorial about scrolling on the X axis, you could use the same methods but use the Y axis instead. I believe the source file download (linked in the description) has both horizontal and vertical samples.

@NNterprises said:
    It all depends on what you need you need to be specific. Is it just a moving background? Does it scroll when you swipe? ... etc

1. Put a rule in the actor to Interpolate self.position.Y to -1000 in 10 seconds .
    3. Put a rule in the actor to Move in direction DOWN (270 maybe i think) with speed -100
    4. You can also use Constrain self.position.y to self.position.y - # (don't feel like doing math)
    6. "Move to"
    7. More things

um...I can't make it works,i want the background unlimited automatically move up,anyway,thanks for your help!!

@jamie_c said:
    Below is a tutorial about scrolling on the X axis, you could use the same methods but use the Y axis instead. I believe the source file download (linked in the description) has both horizontal and vertical samples.

I have already tried it ,it seems not work on y-axis 90 angle

@fongor said:

@NNterprises said:

6. "Move to"
    7. More things

um...I can't make it works,i want the background unlimited automatically move up,anyway,thanks for your help!!

i found the y-axis file!thanks

@fongor said:

@jamie_c said:

I have already tried it ,it seems not work on y-axis 90 angle

But it doesn't on 90 y-axis

Not sure what you're saying by 90 y axis... You're just saying "move straight up" right? Are you trying to rotate it to 90 degrees too?

You just want it to move UP VERTICALLY right (on the Y axis)?

@NNterprises said:
    Not sure what you're saying by 90 y axis... You're just saying "move straight up" right? Are you trying to rotate it to 90 degrees too?

You just want it to move UP VERTICALLY right (on the Y axis)?

yup!that's what i want!

You may have to post your file, if Jamie's tutorial didn't work if you switched it to Y instead of X, and if none of mine worked, there's a bigger issue that we cannot see

Make sure MOVEABLE is checked in your background actor too maybe

edited July 2016

@NNterprises said:
    You may have to post your file, if Jamie's tutorial didn't work if you switched it to Y instead of X, and if none of mine worked, there's a bigger issue that we cannot see

Make sure MOVEABLE is checked in your background actor too maybe

When I use your method, the background will scroll, but I want to be one after the other with a scroll background

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Do you mean parallax scrolling?

@imjustmike said:
    Do you mean parallax scrolling?

Nope,it's like I want 90 degrees.thanks for your help!

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

The issue is, we don't know what you mean by "I want 90 degrees" - try saying it a different way. From what I can tell you want a vertically scrolling background, which people have provided you solutions for. Either you're not following the tutorials correctly, or there's some other issue in your code. OR we have no idea what you mean and are going round in circles.

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

Do you want to scroll the background down or up?

@KevinCross said:

scroll it up,thanks!

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@fongor said:

@KevinCross said:

scroll it up,thanks!

I've amended the code in the video tutorial from @jamie_c so that it scrolls upwards (see attached)