Do you need business licensing to publish first game?

Game FactoryGame Factory Member Posts: 34

Do you need business licensing or anything besides gamesalad pro and android and apple dev accounts to publish your first game to ios & android?

Comments

• Game FactoryGame Factory Member Posts: 34

@jonmulcahy awesome! thanks for the reply

@jonmulcahy for some reason I seen people saying apple makes you show legal proof that youre a business when signing up for a dev account. Guess it was wrong

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

That Apple Legal proof thing is if you are registering as a business. They will ask you for your DUNS verification and such but I wouldn't worry about that right now, you can always do that after you publish

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Game Factory said:
    @jonmulcahy for some reason I seen people saying apple makes you show legal proof that youre a business when signing up for a dev account. Guess it was wrong

Only if you want to register as a business. If you register as an individual you are fine

@NNterprises So 100% all I need to publish my first app to ios & android all I need is gamesalad and the dev accounts? I wont need any kind of licensing at all when signing up for the apple and google play dev accounts?

@jonmulcahy oh so I just have to publish with my legal name until I actually start a business?

So yes sir,
    1. you will need to build the app on Gamesalad I believe you may be only able to publish with the Pro version now
    2. then pay 99 bucks/year for the apple dev account, then 25(?) for Google Play dev account (never expires), or create a free amazon dev account.
    3. Upload your games to the apple/android sites

You do not need any legal or governmental business certificates or anything

Only for Apple will you have to "publish with your legal name" until you register as a business. As of now, my games in the itunes store says "Developer Nathan Nod..." instead of "Developer NNterprises". I can only put it as NNterprises if I register as a business with Apple and DUNS (it is free also but it is annoying). Don't think you get much more perks as a Business.

edited July 2016

To get paid you have to put in your tax forms on the dev sites, but it is also free and you just need your personal SSN, but I believe that is something else you can do later

@NNterprises awesome

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited July 2016

@Game Factory I registered with Apple and Google Play as an individual, but I put the copyright as my business name, it looks better in the App Stores, and in the banking details I put my business bank account name and details. Neither have a problem with that nor paying into it.

BTW change your Forum name to GameFactory or Game_Factory otherwise the system won't email you that someone has replied to your thread. The system is sending notifications to @Game so you won't be notified. Unless you check this thread again you won't even see this comment! :D