How come I got quoted in @Armelline comment? @Socks lol

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@gingagaming said:
    How come I got quoted in @Armelline comment? @Socks lol

Whoops, weird, fixed !

• Katharina_AFKatharina_AF Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2016

Hi everyone,

my name is Katharina and I am jumping in for @Hopscotch as it may still be a couple of days until his return from abroad.

We regret the distress which the sudden silence has caused. The tragic loss of a friend and key part of our team necessitated his attention elsewhere. I will leave it to @Hopscotch to elaborate on his return.

Altogether, this has only allowed for cursory attention to APPFormative. To remedy the situation, and properly support you, who have projects committed to APPFormative, we have started to make some changes. For starters, this includes more eyes on the systems side, and with time, more staff being involved with the community. Some of you may have had email contact with me or Martin, but we are aiming at at least two more support people from within our ranks.

We also have a new version ready to roll out as soon as things settle down. This extends the feature list of back-end services, in response to community suggestions.

In the meantime, I kindly request that any open issues be forwarded to me for consolidation at the email provided by @gingagaming on the previous page.

I hope we can count on your continued support, you have ours.

Katharina

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@Katharina_AF said:
    Hi everyone,

my name is Katharina and I am jumping in for @Hopscotch as it may still be a couple of days until his return from abroad.

We regret the distress which the sudden silence has caused. The tragic loss of a friend and key part of our team necessitated his attention elsewhere. I will leave it to @Hopscotch to elaborate on his return.

Altogether, this has only allowed for cursory attention to APPFormative. To remedy the situation, and properly support you, who have projects committed to APPFormative, we have started to make some changes. For starters, this includes more eyes on the systems side, and with time, more staff being involved with the community. Some of you may have had email contact with me or Martin, but we are aiming at at least two more support people from within our ranks.

We also have a new version ready to roll out as soon as things settle down. This extends the feature list of back-end services, in response to community suggestions.

In the meantime, I kindly request that any open issues be forwarded to me for consolidation at the email provided by @gingagaming on the previous page.

I hope we can count on your continued support, you have ours.

Katharina

Thank you Katharina. I think the biggest concern we all had was for his well being. So while we are very sorry for the situation, very glad to hear he is ok.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

@Katharina_AF Really glad to hear he's okay! Sorry to hear about your loss, though! We look forward to his return!

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Its great to hear Roland is is ok and thank you @Katharina_AF for reaching out to the community. I too am sorry for your loss.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Good news!

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Good to hear Roland is ok and sorry for your loss.

@jonmulcahy , @BigDave , @Armelline , @gingagaming , @viking , @Dues

Thank you all for the condolences. They have been passed on to the team and are really appreciated. Hearing both empathy and concern for @Hopscotch from the community, means a lot to us.

@Hopscotch is inbound tonight, and after some housekeeping tomorrow, will surely be back on board.

I would like to quickly address the OP from @Agent Argyle. I have done some digging and the APPFormative systems have actually had a 100% up-time this year. However, in the event of suspect activity or a DDOS attack, we execute a controlled, regionally targeted rerouting, scaling over the duration of the attack. This may cause access from certain regions to be interrupted while the necessary precautions are taken. Regions most affected happily still had an up-time of over 99.9% over the course of the year.

Katharina

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I can also confirm I have yesterday completed another cross platform leaderboard for a client using appformitive and all leaderboard services are up and running as expected.

Good to hear @gingagaming !