Change table value to equal scene name

RocketBrainRocketBrain Member, PRO Posts: 269
edited July 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Is this possible?

So if i name my levels in numerical order. in the change table value instead of specifically saying the row number i put the scene name and voila it chooses the right row automatically.

It'll make level creation easier. I can do without. just want to know if anybody has done it successfully.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Not sure what you mean by using the Change Table Value...But in the attached project I used the Change Scene at index value (The actor is unlocked on the scene to access the level's name). Is this similar to what you're looking to accomplish?

• RocketBrainRocketBrain Member, PRO Posts: 269

when you use the change table value behavior you have to put in the row, column, and value.

i was wondering if there was an easy way to make the row input equal to the name of the scene. so i could just name the scene "1" and it would automatically use the scene name it was in as the value in that box.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Don't have GS in front of me to check if "Change Table Value" allows attributes in the row input... but if it does, I would make a global attribute names SCENE, then whatever scene you are on create a rule/actor saying Change SCENE attribute to # (whatever scene you're on) right when the scene loads

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@RocketBrain said:
    when you use the change table value behavior you have to put in the row, column, and value.

i was wondering if there was an easy way to make the row input equal to the name of the scene. so i could just name the scene "1" and it would automatically use the scene name it was in as the value in that box.

Ok. So the idea would be the same. In your Change Table Behavior and under the row value, open the expression editor and navigate to: Current Scene/Name. (You can see this in the unlocked actor in the project I supplied.) in order to access the scene name, the actor with the Change Table Behavior must be unlocked on the scene.