Pixel Mage is live!

2»

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Pixel Mage shows up second on iPhone in Canada with search.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited July 2016

Hey Dave, looks really great! Downloading right now (both on iOS and Android), will let you know about my experience!

What kind of device does miki have for lags like this to occur, what the hell. :O

Edit: played through it on my iPod touch 5. Short but sweet and enjoyable game. :)
    Was perfectly playable all the way to the end even though my device is really old.

One slightly annoying thing was that sometimes after ads the game wasn't oriented in landscape but portrait and after turning the device back and forth to get it back into landscape mode the control buttons were at a different location than before (very close to the life bar instead of close to the left screen edge). Another thing was that the splash screen was oriented in portrait instead of landscape but I guess that's a known bug. I hate that stuff like this still happens months or years after being reported and continue to cripple games to a degree. Hope this will be fixed at some point.

Edit2: played halfway through it on Android and until now the weird orientation bug after ads didn't happen there.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@PhilipCC said:
    Something odd is that when I searched for the app on the App Store using my iPad, after I had downloaded from your link above, to go back and rate it, Pixel Mage wouldn't come up?

That's probably because the game doesn't support iPad.

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

Hey Dave, finally downloaded this yesterday, and I have to say I really like it! Left you a review on the App Store. The strategy is pretty fun. I love the guys that dash at you when you shoot them, requiring you to quickly pop back up.
    One suggestion, this is something I noticed on creepy as well. Make the touch zone for the buttons go outside the button area. I notice myself hitting the bottom right corner and missing the shoot button. Or hitting the very left side of the screen and missing the directional button. Easy fix in an update.

Great game, hope it does well for you!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited July 2016

@RossmanBrothersGames
    yep creepy did not have this but pixel mage has an interactive alpha border around.
    Did you encounter that situation on pixel mage or creepy?

More so on creepy, but still experiencing it on pixel mage. Its not that bad, but enough so that it has caused me to miss some actions at times. I would take the touch zone of the buttons all the way to the edge of the screen. Usually for buttons I do just the image as an actor, then a blank actor that is much larger, and goes high up the screen that detects the touches.

This is my one critique though, the game is pretty cool!

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Just change in the actor to fixed (under graphic) then change the actor size

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BigDave said:
    @PhilipCC
    its no iPad app in iPhone I think it should be place 3 right now.

@pHghost said:

@PhilipCC said:
    Something odd is that when I searched for the app on the App Store using my iPad, after I had downloaded from your link above, to go back and rate it, Pixel Mage wouldn't come up?

That's probably because the game doesn't support iPad.

Interesting because I used my Retina iPad to download it from the link above, to play it (and it plays fine and looks great) and then to go back and rate it.

@BigDave You could probably release it for iPad without even bothering to make an iPad specific build. ;)

Check it out on an iPad.

edited July 2016

@PhilipCC
    then thing is if you download the iPhone version via iPad it perfectly stretches to the iPad due the build in behaviours of apple.

But if you have a universal build you have to do the rescale and repositioning stuff.
    So I decided to focus on phones. (even tough I know there are manly templates)

Its just a matter of saving time and focus on other things instead.

@BigDave said:
    @PhilipCC
    then thing is if you download the iPhone version via iPad it perfectly stretches to the iPad due the build in behaviours of apple.

But if you have a universal build you have to do the rescale and repositioning stuff.
    So I decided to focus on phones. (even tough I know there are manly templates)

Its just a matter of saving time and focus on other things instead.

You can always just select "stretch" scaling in Gamesalad. That is what I did for Jump Jack, the only change I made for when it detects an iPad is a squish down the onscreen buttons, so that they stretch to be circles. Only took a couple minutes, made no other changes.

Only reason I point that out is without a universal app you have no chance for an apple feature of any sort, and your visibility on the app store is a lot worse.

@RossmanBrothersGames

I see. But about the apple feature you are not correct.
    Three Points was iPhone only as it got featured by apple.