A 367MB empty Gamesalad file??

3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

As you guys know I just recently discovered that I am working with a behemoth project file.
My GS file is 420MB,
after removing all images graphics it became 394MB
then I removed all the sounds in my game and it became 369MB
I decided then to delete all actors and see if the problem lied there. I got literally an empty Gamesalad file that has a few tables that's 367MB big.

What's going on here?
I dragged and dropped a few WAV files, does the project file save them or something?
Why do I have 367MB even after I deleted everything in my game?

Comments

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Guys please I need your help,
    I've been working on this game for over a year and it's turning out to be a disaster.

I will provide a link to my 367MB empty project file as soon as it uploads to Google Drive

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

You won't be getting much help as it seems a very rare you are experiencing. How you right clicked the project file, selected "show package contents" and see which folder holds the MB?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Have you examined the package contents - to see what is using the memory ?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,334

Does your game have a ton of scenes? Might be the scene screenshots. They can take up insane amounts of space (though they're not included in compiled binaries).

• zweg25zweg25 Member Posts: 738

@Armelline said:
    Does your game have a ton of scenes? Might be the scene screenshots. They can take up insane amounts of space (though they're not included in compiled binaries).

This seems likely. Although I think you need to inspect those package contents. Post the link to it, will give it a look

@Armelline said:

Only 2 scenes

@Socks said:

Where can I find the package contents?

@Socks said:

I just checked the package contents and found that the images and sounds files were all there (even though I deleted them from the library).
    Not only that, but I found duplicates (up to 30) of each image and sound file in these folders.
    No wonder the game is so inflated and hogs the CPU and memory.

I'm not sure if I should start deleting them as I'm not sure if it will affect the game's stability.

If these duplicates were to be removed, then my game will be well under 100MB

edited July 2016

I'm not sure if I should start deleting them as I'm not sure if it will affect the game's stability.

Turns out I can't even delete anything inside "package contents".
    I'm screwed

Update: Never mind, I can in fact delete the files.
    I'm gonna try it out and test my game's stability.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

Wow very interesting and good luck mate. Yea maybe you have to delete them FROM the GS creator not the file explorer. Good job solving it

@NNterprises said:
    Wow very interesting and good luck mate. Yea maybe you have to delete them FROM the GS creator not the file explorer. Good job solving it

Thanks,
    They're not in the GS library.
    I deleted them from the file explorer and the game is currently running smoothly, I haven't noticed anything wrong yet.
    But I'm afraid I'll have to keep checking the package content every time I save my project.
    I don't get why I'm the only one experiencing this file duplication problem.

• RPRP Member Posts: 1,990

Is everything up to date? Maybe a caching issue. If it occurs again reset your PRAM and see if it clears it up.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited July 2016

@abuabed84 said:
    Update: Never mind, I can in fact delete the files.
    I'm gonna try it out and test my game's stability.

Are you using incremental saves when working on your GameSalad project, or are you just working on a single GameSalad file ?

Are you using incremental saves when working on your GameSalad project, or are you just working on a single GameSalad file ?

The way I save my file is I change the name everyday
    For example
    Project X Jun 25 2016
    Project X Jun 26 2016... and so on

I don't know how this methods make duplicate images/graphics in my GS file

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Odd you can't just delete them?