Background will change when swapping the background in only one scene.

TheWildShroomTheWildShroom Member, PRO Posts: 17
edited July 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

I'm sure this is simple, once I'm told/shown.

I have a template to work with, an opening scene and the 'first level'. I copied the first level a couple times, to innovate on different levels (scenes). However, if I change the background in Scene 2, all backgrounds, in all scenes change. I open up that single scene and make the change from imported images.

Seems simple, but I am missing something and hope I explained my situation well enough.

Comments

• ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

When you select an actor there is an option in the backstage to unlock the actor. When you unlock the actor the general rules don't apply to it. Then you set ''change image'' in the unlocked actor.

• TheWildShroomTheWildShroom Member, PRO Posts: 17

@ohtukrw said:
    When you select an actor there is an option in the backstage to unlock the actor. When you unlock the actor the general rules don't apply to it. Then you set ''change image'' in the unlocked actor.

Thanks. But, I can change the image. That's the problem. I change it per scene and the change is replicated across all scenes; I'm only trying to change it for one particular scene.

• ohtukrwohtukrw Sir doge Member Posts: 106

Thanks. But, I can change the image. That's the problem. I change it per scene and the change is replicated across all scenes; I'm only trying to change it for one particular scene.

Post an example.

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285
    edited July 2016

@TheWildShroom

Are you changing it in the inspector? Because all actors in the inspector are "Prototype" actors so the image will change on all scenes unless you unlock the actor.

Just place your (prototype actor) background on the scene and then drop an image on top of it and you are good to go.

You can also open the background actor on the scene and then swap the image.

• TheWildShroomTheWildShroom Member, PRO Posts: 17

@UncloudedStudio said:
    @TheWildShroom

Are you changing it in the inspector? Because all actors in the inspector are "Prototype" actors so the image will change on all scenes unless you unlock the actor.

Just place your (prototype actor) background on the scene and then drop an image on top of it and you are good to go.

You can also open the background actor on the scene and then swap the image.

Thanks! I was trying to make the changes in the inspector. Good to go!