Advertise your game uniquely and stand out! - Outside The Box Marketing - Live on Indiegogo!

gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEVMember Posts: 1,685
edited July 2016 in Miscellaneous

Hey guys, The time has come to tell you more about this exciting new idea and concept that I have recently launched!

We all know that the app store is flooded with apps and games and its a struggle to stand out from the crowd. Well this christmas, its your time to shine with a completely different way to advertise your app!

Christmas is a great time for developers as Santa delivers millions upon millions of the latest devices on xmas day, the lucky some are keen to download and install new games and apps on their new device and this results in officially, the app stores busiest time of the year for downloads.

Outside The Box Marketing is launching via indiegogo, a crowdfunding site to produce high quality gift wrap that will be delivered to you in time for christmas and advertise your game/app icon to thousands on xmas day!

Join in by following the link below and register your interest by pledging your amount and requesting your perk. All perks will be produced and shipped with plenty of time for Christmas. Please also help me spread the work by sharing this link with all your developer friends around the world!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gift-apping-outside-the-box-app-marketing-game-christmas

Thank you for your support

Comments

• WhitePantherWhitePanther Member Posts: 72

Great idea.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

That is a fun idea. Well done.

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

Cool idea :)

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

@gingagaming

I think this is a great idea but I have a few question.

You say that the gift wrap will be distributed through outlets including mobile phone stores, shopping malls and other venues that are specific to the mobile market.

To get the maximum exposure you are talking about there need to be a lot of stores using your gift wrap.

Have you contacted and approached these stores already?

These stores will buy wrapping paper in bulk so there is a possibility that my icon is printed on a roll that they will never use.

Another possibility is that the I submit my icon and then you've already supplied the stores with a batch and they have enough to get trough christmas.

What's in it for the stores to use your wrapping paper?

So you've a great idea/concept here and you will have no trouble with finding people that want to advertise in this creative way but getting it in to the stores could make or break this idea.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@UncloudedStudio said:
    @gingagaming

I think this is a great idea but I have a few question.

You say that the gift wrap will be distributed through outlets including mobile phone stores, shopping malls and other venues that are specific to the mobile market.

To get the maximum exposure you are talking about there need to be a lot of stores using your gift wrap.

Have you contacted and approached these stores already?

These stores will buy wrapping paper in bulk so there is a possibility that my icon is printed on a roll that they will never use.

Another possibility is that the I submit my icon and then you've already supplied the stores with a batch and they have enough to get trough christmas.

What's in it for the stores to use your wrapping paper?

So you've a great idea/concept here and you will have no trouble with finding people that want to advertise in this creative way but getting it in to the stores could make or break this idea.

Thanks for your questions @UncloudedStudio firstly id like to clarify what the long term plan is for the business and what the short term plan is for the indiegogo campaign.

These are 2 different plans, The first being the long term plan which is to get into stores and malls specific to the mobile market. This is my long term goal for this whole concept. To have the paper used in smartphone stores when smartphones are sold and gift wrapped for customers. This is not what the Indiegogo campaign is about but is my long term goal for the whole concept.

The Indiegogo campaign is to allow you as a developer to advertise your app icon on gift wrap and then as receive as a perk, gift wrap for your own personal use. The idea being that I will print 3000 sheets and then distribute those sheets direct to you as a backer. You will then use this gift wrap for your own personal use at xmas for your friends and family. This will ensure that all gift wrap purchased under this campaign will be distributed and used this xmas.

I hope that clarifies your questions!

• UncloudedStudioUncloudedStudio NetherlandsMember Posts: 285

@gingagaming said:
    I hope that clarifies your questions!

It does!

Wish you all the best of luck and I hope the stores embrace your idea/concept with open arms!