comparing text attribute with: "is not", "does not contain" bugged or doesnt work!??!

shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 10
edited August 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Can someone explain to me why nothing happens whenever i click my actor??

It works perfectly if i use the "Is". But when i use "is not", "does not contain", "does not end with" or "Does not begin with" the actor doesnt change scene. even though the "game.sammenlign" is not tablecellvalue(table,row,correctCollum)

my rules are setup like this:

Please help me i been stuck here for many hours

NOTE: I figured it out

Comments

• shooter93shooter93 Member Posts: 10

Ive placed an actor, which when clicked, will check if an attribute is correct or not.

If correct --> go to new scene
    if uncorrect --> reset game

The problem is, when the attribute is correct, the actor changes the scene, but when it's not correct, nothing happens!
    What could possibly have gone wrong? Ive tried replacing the rules, but without luck. Was hoping someone here could help me out.

I made the rules like this:

rule -> if touched -> change attribute "game.correct" To: talblecellvalue(table,row,correct#)
    rule -> if attribute "game.correct" IS: tabelcellvalue(table, row, actor's#) Do: Change scene
    rule -> if attribute "game.correct" IS NOT: tablecellvalue(table,row,actor's#) Do: reset game

• herionherion Member, PRO Posts: 19

I found that when using the forums, it is easier to post game template examples with clear desired outcome of the attributes. Just make a small separate version and just post it. I would help, but never worked with tables before sorry. :smile:

@herion.mail@gmail.com said:
    I found that when using the forums, it is easier to post game template examples with clear desired outcome of the attributes. Just make a small separate version and just post it. I would help, but never worked with tables before sorry. :smile:

Even if i dont use tables, and if the game.sammenlign IS NOT "any text"
    Then still nothing happens

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

There's a lot of information missing from your question. What type of cells are in the table? What are the full expressions? As @herion.mail@gmail.com suggested, it might be best to upload a link to your project file (with everything else removed).

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    What type of cells are in the table? What are the full expressions?

the table contains text cells.
    the expession is: TableCellValue(Questions table, Question number, Correct question)

I've merged your two threads. Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

There are so many things that can go wrong, syntax-wise, with tables. You might be missing a parenthesis, you might have references a row that doesn't exist, you might have typed in the attribute name instead of selecting it from the attribute browser menu, etc.

Posting a file is probably your quickest road to resolving this.

where do i post it?

btw, could you please take a look at this thread (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92805/need-help-with-scene-issue-i-just-cant-figure-it-out/p1?new=1), i really need an answer on that one.

@tatiang said:

Posting a file is probably your quickest road to resolving this.

Upload your project file (.zip it first) to a file-sharing site such as Dropbox, MediaFire, etc. and then post the download link here.

@tatiang said:
    Upload your project file (.zip it first) to a file-sharing site such as Dropbox, MediaFire, etc. and then post the download link here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/242i8qkd2982a39/quiz beta.zip?dl=0

Great, now since it's a project I'm unfamiliar with AND it's in a language I'm unfamiliar with, can you tell me what to look for? That is, when I click _____ actor, I should see ____ but instead I'm seeing ____...