Facebook Login

Hi Folks,
Has anyone figured out a way to incorporate Facebook login yet?

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Unfortunately not possible with GS.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Dang, I thought someone had managed a work around. hmmm.

@MentalDonkeyGames said:
    Unfortunately not possible with GS.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

What exactly do you mean by Facebook login? You can post to a user's wall (or bring up the post window, anyway), and there's a 3rd party service available to make things even easier.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@Armelline said:
    What exactly do you mean by Facebook login? You can post to a user's wall (or bring up the post window, anyway), and there's a 3rd party service available to make things even easier.

I think he is referring to using the Facebook API and players being able able to login to the game and competing against other Facebook friends.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@Armelline said:

@Armelline which method are you referring to?

@supafly129 Somewhere on the forums there's an explanation of how to integrate Facebook sharing with an Open URL behaviour, and @RabitParrot has a service to automate the process for you. I don't have the link to hand but I've tagged him so hopefully he'll pop in and provide it.

What @gingagaming mentions definitely isn't possible, though.

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

@Armelline said:
    @supafly129 Somewhere on the forums there's an explanation of how to integrate Facebook sharing with an Open URL behaviour, and @RabitParrot has a service to automate the process for you. I don't have the link to hand but I've tagged him so hopefully he'll pop in and provide it.

What @gingagaming mentions definitely isn't possible, though.

@Armelline Ah i see, thanks! Yeah I currently use that method; however, unfortunately it opens up the browser as opposed to the FB app which i guess is better than nothing. Sounds like we would need to add the Facebook SDK to gamesalad for it to open up the app directly

Yes this is what I was referring to. I know how to post to facebook and twitter but I wanted people to be able to use their facebook as their user ID and compete against friends or compare etc

@gingagaming said:

@Armelline said:

I think he is referring to using the Facebook API and players being able able to login to the game and competing against other Facebook friends.

@fmakawa said:
    Yes this is what I was referring to. I know how to post to facebook and twitter but I wanted people to be able to use their facebook as their user ID and compete against friends or compare etc

Then no, you can't do that, and it's unlikely GameSalad will ever integrate that level of Facebook connectivity. I'd definitely not hold my breath.

thanks. that's a great shame.

@Armelline said:

@fmakawa said:

Then no, you can't do that, and it's unlikely GameSalad will ever integrate that level of Facebook connectivity. I'd definitely not hold my breath.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Lets just start with basic Facebook likes and posts..