Help with Camera

q8blogq8blog Member, PRO Posts: 10

hi

i am trying to get sky view of the game landscape and it is like drone view so it will stay for 5 seconds , but the problem when it goes back to the player actor the camera doesn't follow the player actor anymore .

i need away that camera can go back to the player actor and follow him , help any one ? thanks in advance .

Best Answers

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Posts: 1,276
    edited August 2016 Accepted Answer

Try this.
    Take the timer that´s in the otherwise section, and put it inside the rule right below the first timer. Also check "run to completion" on it.
    If that does not work, change the lower timer to 5.05 seconds to make sure the first timer has time to finish.

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2016 Accepted Answer

You don't need the first timer, just use the two change attribute behaviours. And as Donkey says you can move the second timer out of the otherwise section and into the main rule (with RTC checked).

Your rules have nothing to do with whether the player is tracked by the camera or not, they only change the size of the camera.

Answers

• q8blogq8blog Member, PRO Posts: 10

thank you both it work like magic , what about if wan to switch camera between two actors ?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@q8blog said:
    thank you both it work like magic , what about if wan to switch camera between two actors ?

Actor A

If attribute is true:
    --Control Camera
    Otherwise
    --(left blank)

Actor B

If attribute is true:
    --(left blank)
    Otherwise
    --Control Camera

• q8blogq8blog Member, PRO Posts: 10

socks , thank you but it did not work for me i think i missed something , this what i did

create boolean and named it CamreaFollowing

Actor A

If attribute CamreaFollowing is true:
    --Control Camera
    Otherwise
    --(left blank)

Actor B

If attribute CamreaFollowing is true:
    --(left blank)
    Otherwise
    --Control Camera

there is something not right ?