can you combine consumable and non-consumable IAP?

goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

for example ...
1) non-consumable: remove ads
2) consumable: 100 gold
3) consumable: 100 coins

new item...
4) combo: get all three for discount price

i could make it consumable and update table values separately as if all three were clicked on purchase but then the one non-consumable of the group could not be restored ...

any advice or examples that have worked?

thanks!

Comments

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I would do that as all consumables.

For 1 you could do consumable but give them 0 coins, then change REMOVE ADS attribute to true (and save it)

For 4 I would just do it as consumable with 100 coins, 100 gold, and set remove ad boolean to true and save it.

Aka make a table value or global attribute called REMOVE AD and save it as true whenever it's bought.

All my games have if you buy ANYTHING the ads are removed.

So 1 would be No ads and 100 coins
    2. No ads and 5 lives

Or whatever, you can combine it all however you want

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

appreciate the tips!

in this case there is no restore iap?

thanks

You always need a "restore iap"... if the person buys #3 and then the data gets deleted, they click your restore button and gets #3 back again.

You need a restore function but it's separate than the code you use to buy it in the first place. Like your other thread should just be a separate button that says restore
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/92881/help-restoring-iap-non-consumable#latest

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

thank you for the screenshots, i feel i have everything setup pretty well now.

as for restore ... i thought only non consumables were used with restore iap button ... because someone could just restore consumable coins every time they run out, no?

I don't think so.
    I never actually had to restore any purchases ever, but I think what it does is go into your Google/apple login and see what you bought and how many, and makes sure your purchase table has the same amount purchased.

If your data gets deleted or you delete and reinstall your game it will restore to the amount associated in your login. It doesn't have to do with any of the amount of "coins you currently have" its something to do with the app store and purchase table relation.