testing my IAP scene with testflight, all are being evaluated as purchased ... yikes!!!

goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135
edited August 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

RULE: text expression - tablecellvalue(game.PurchaseTable, 1, 5) [is] purchased

-change attribute
-change table value

after .03
-consume item
-save table

after 1
-change scene to go use your new coins/gold etc.

• the change scene at the end is happening so i know it's getting into this rule ...
  • added a debugging statement and it's also happening in the preview player (just get the in app not supported message first)
  • i have never purchased any IAP in this app, it's newly installed app, not sure why the text expression is true ...
  • using testflight.

any thoughts? Thanks!

Also ... my text is purchased as opposed to "purchased", all examples I've seen are without quotes.

Comments

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

(sorry to bump, but this is my last bug and i'm stressing out ... ;) )

wanted to check if anyone has seen any problems with typing purchase in the expression editor vs typing directly into the box when highlighted (which btw, i can only make happen when i first put the rule on the page, after that always opens expression editor when i click on the box)

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

You sure you set up the purchase table beforehand correctly? I don't have it in front of me, but when my game starts up I set (1,1) to the first IAP ID, then (2,1) to 2nd IAP ID etc i think.

Not sure the rules you have seem correct

I also have the purchased with no quotes. I have like 50 screenshots that are probably not fully helpful but here's this

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

OK, I figured this one out, well this exact problem anyway ...

When I typed purchased into the box, the expression editor would always pop up and I would type it in there. So I went through deleted and recreated them all, typing purchase into the expression editor ... for some reason this would evaluate as empty string which is what the PurchaseTable cell value was, thus evaluating as true.

I noticed that if I made a new rule, and this was the newest behavior on the page, I could click on the box and it would highlight it blue and not open the expression editor ... in this case I was able to type purchase right into the box. This solved that problem, and I had to redo for the other buttons the same exact way.

Summary:

When the rule is newest behavior on page, box highlights blue, type purchase directly into box, text expression evaluates properly.

When, not newest, expression editor pops up, not able to highlight box (never, tried it many times always expression editor), type purchase in here, evaluates as empty string which leads to the bug.

PS - would "purchased" (quotes) in the expression editor be the same as purchased (no quotes) typed directly into the highlighted box?