Gamecenter issues (repeating achievements)

goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

Apple approved my first game today B) but I noticed an issue with gamecenter achievements ...
(NOTE: I did search the forums and found other posts but without a definitive answer/solution).

Basically just wanted to check if anyone had experienced incremental achievements repeating after 100% even though they are set to award only once.

my steps ...
1) my game attribute (total) is set in gameplay scene
2) when game is over, switch to the game over scene where I update all my achievements (game.total/goal)*100

now,this works perfectly when reaching 100% and showing the progress but I get the pop up for the achievement every game over after the initial awarding of it)

i thought i read that it will ignore after 100%, is that still correct?

Thanks!

Comments

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

OK, here is the quote from the cookbook ...

"Once an achievement is unlocked and awarded via Game Center it cannot be awarded again. Even if you continue to update an achievement past 100% it will be ignored by Game Center so there is no need to add extra SAVE logic for the achievement itself."

So, my achievements are obviously not being ignored by Game Center. Did anyone have to use additional logic to see if the achievement has already been unlocked?

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

I have all my achievements in a table and whenever they are unlocked, column 3 boolean switches to true, never had your experience tho

• goonergooner Lancaster, PAMember Posts: 135

@NNterprises said:
    I have all my achievements in a table and whenever they are unlocked, column 3 boolean switches to true, never had your experience tho

I went and used this approach and sent a new version in ... of course while waiting for it to get approved the problem went away (for the time being anyway, it looks OK) ... so just in case anyone encounters repeated achievements, maybe just wait 24 hours.

Thanks!

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128

Hi, did anyone else had this issue? Will this really get solved after 24H from publish?

I keep getting the same notification even if I only send it once, I don't see any way around this aside from removing the achievements

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So I think the idea is we'll keep showing the achievement notification, but it will only be awarded once if the achievement is configured that way.

• zarzirzarzir Member, PRO Posts: 128
    edited June 2022

So how can I stop it from showing?

It's just keep poping in a loop without any rule firing again, looks like the system gone crazy

Working OK with android