Bug occurring with my game

SA_FNAFCoderSA_FNAFCoder Member, PRO Posts: 47
edited August 2016 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hi there so I am trying to make a FNAF fan-game in GameSalad and it has been going pretty good, well that was until a month ago where I come across this glitch, allow me to explain.
So I have two buttons which if you put your mouse in it, it will immediately activate and do its thing.
The left one is the Go to Door button, this will go to the door, then the one on the right is the Open Camera button, the camera doesn't exactly work yet, (but will in future betas). There is a glitch where basically when I Open the Camera and my mouse isn't on the Close the door button, but if I move my mouse an inch it'll go back to the Office. I do have actors there that delete themselves when the camera opens so I don't know. The glitch appears to be different each time I run it so I need help, I need someone to maybe beta test with me or look over my code because I can't do this alone, thanks :smile:

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Left button = go to door
    Right button = open camera

There is a glitch where basically when I Open the Camera and my mouse isn't on the
    "Close the door button", but if I move my mouse an inch it'll go back to the Office.

:| .. A bit confusing, theres a new button here and what office? , im sorry just trying to understand your problem :) if you can explain it a bit better or include screenshot or a demo project , would be great , im sure many can help here. Unless im the only one that doesn't understand , then apologies :)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

It's helpful if you explain things in GameSalad terms. So instead of "I Open the Camera" or "go back to the Office" (which could mean many things), it might be "change scene" or "unpause game" or "click on a button with When Touch is Released", etc.

And as @Icebox said, a screenshot of your rules or the project file itself is useful as well.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• SA_FNAFCoderSA_FNAFCoder Member, PRO Posts: 47
    edited September 2016

Sorry I haven't been able to get back.
    I will solve this so thanks for your help guys (I can't provide a screenshot or anything idk why). But I will try to solve this on my own :smile: