Run 4 Prez - Trump vs. Clinton

Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98
edited August 2016 in Announce Your Game!

Hello guys!
Here's our second game in Gamesalad: Run 4 Prez - Trump vs. Clinton
apple.co/2bEH6Nb

It's been kinda tricky to work in this fake 3D-isometric environment. Managing the overlapping has been pretty challenging, but we're happy with the result.

The game is really simple: you choose your candidate and run through 4 levels to collect stars, while your opponent chases you.
Win the 4 U.S. areas to get elected as quick as possible.

Gameplay: tap right to turn clockwise, tap left to turn counter-clockwise.

If you appreciate it, please help us with a review on the app store!

THANKS!

Wonder Maru: casual games for casual people. www.wondermaru.com

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited August 2016

Looks great !! :smile: Brilliant animation too !!

I liked Clinton's 'LGBT !' speech bubble, LoL ! :) 5 Stars left on the App Store.

That was my 'customer' feedback, now here's my developer feedback . . .

There's an small oversight people make with isometric environments done in 2D software, in a true isometric view, a moving character would travel left and right across the screen x1.72 faster than they would move up and down (or x2 faster in a 2:1 pseudo isometric environment), the effect of not factoring in the foreshortening effect of an isometric view is that moving characters appear to slow down when moving horizontally and speed up when moving vertically.

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

Hillaryious! Great job.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Love the animations.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Wonder MaruWonder Maru Member, PRO Posts: 98

@Socks said:
    Looks great !! :smile: Brilliant animation too !!

I liked Clinton's 'LGBT !' speech bubble, LoL ! :) 5 Stars left on the App Store.

That was my 'customer' feedback, now here's my developer feedback . . .

There's an small oversight people make with isometric environments done in 2D software, in a true isometric view, a moving character would travel left and right across the screen x1.72 faster than they would move up and down (or x2 faster in a 2:1 pseudo isometric environment), the effect of not factoring in the foreshortening effect of an isometric view is that moving characters appear to slow down when moving horizontally and speed up when moving vertically.

I didn't know about this! Very very useful! I'll keep this in mind. Thank you so much!

Thank you all!

The animations are made by an amazing professional animator, named Chris O'Hara, here's his tumblr: chrisoharaanimation.tumblr.com/

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@mhedges said:
    Hillaryious! Great job.

@Wonder Maru said:
    Thank you all!

The animations are made by an amazing professional animator, named Chris O'Hara, here's his tumblr: chrisoharaanimation.tumblr.com/

His animations work great ! You two should definitely do more games together !

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@ Wonder Maru As far as I'm concerned they're a pair of losers. You however are a winner. Great job. :)

Can you add a donkey kicking one of them and an elephant squishing the other? :D

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited August 2016

amazing, i love it ! :)

@PhilipCC said:
    @ Wonder Maru As far as I'm concerned they're a pair of losers. You however are a winner. Great job. :)

Can you add a donkey kicking one of them and an elephant squishing the other? :D

Personally we don't like neither of them, but we can't vote in U.S., so our opinion doesn't really count :D

Thanks for the nice comment

@timolapre1998 @Icebox Thanks guys!

Hey guys!
    Just released the game for Android!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wondermaru.run4prez

• Dayton App CompanyDayton App Company Member, PRO Posts: 12

That looks awesome man, congrats on a solid game! What software did you use for your game trailer that looks amazing.

@ben.mahorney said:
    That looks awesome man, congrats on a solid game! What software did you use for your game trailer that looks amazing.

Hey thanks!
    Please leave a review on the store if you like, it would help us a lot.

About the trailer, it has been made in After Effects, but it's just a simple montage, you could use Premiere, Final Cut, or any other editing software :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Wonder Maru New modification request: Hilary forgets which direction she is heading half way through and hits the wall. :D